Eugene I. Gordon
|Eugene Irving Gordon|
Eugene Irving Gordon
September 14, 1930|
New York, New York
|Died||September 15, 2014
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
|Alma mater||City College of New York
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|Notable awards||IEEE Edison Medal (1984)|
Gordon was born on September 14, 1930 in New York City. He graduated from the City College of New York in 1952 with a B.S. in physics, and completed his Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1957. He became director of the Lightwave Devices Laboratory of Bell Labs. He married Renate Albrecht on December 31, 1991. He died on September 15, 2014 in Scotch Plains, New Jersey.
Honors and awards
- IEEE Edison Medal in 1984
- member, National Academy of Engineering in 1978
- IEEE Vladimir K. Zworykin Award in 1975
- Fellow, IEEE 1968
- "Eugene I. Gordon". GHN - IEEE Global History Network. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Eugene I. Gordon". The Star Ledger. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- IEEE History Center biography
- List of IEEE Vladimir K. Zworykin Award recipients