Eugene Mirman photo taken by Brian Tamborello for Sub Pop
|Birth name||Eugene Boris Mirman|
July 24, 1974 |
|Medium||Stand-up, television, books, newspaper|
|Genres||Absurdism, observational comedy, satire|
|Subject(s)||American culture, everyday life, self-deprecation|
|Notable works and roles||The Weekly Week
Eugene in Flight of the Conchords
Yvgeny Mirminsky on Delocated
Gene Belcher on Bob's Burgers
Eugene Boris Mirman (born July 24, 1974) is a Russian-born American comedian and writer. Mirman currently plays Yvgeny Mirminsky on Delocated, and voices Gene Belcher on the animated comedy Bob's Burgers.
Early life 
Mirman was born in Russia, to Jewish parents. His family emigrated to the United States when he was four and a half years old.
Mirman attended William Diamond Middle School and Lexington High School in Lexington, MA, and Hampshire College in Western Massachusetts. As part of the college's "choose your own major" program, Mirman graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in comedy, with a one-hour routine as his thesis. During summers he attended Camp Tohkomeupog in East Madison, NH. He returned to his high school to deliver its 2009 commencement address. He returned to Hampshire to deliver the 2012 commencement speech as well.
Stand-up career 
In 2004, Mirman released The Absurd Nightclub Comedy of Eugene Mirman, a CD/DVD on Suicide Squeeze Records. The album was voted one of the Best Albums of 2004 by both The A.V. Club and Time Out New York. His second album, En Garde, Society was released by Sub Pop in 2006. Three years later, Mirman released another comedy album titled God Is a Twelve-Year-Old Boy with Aspergers which was recorded in Chicago at the Lakeshore Theatre.
Mirman has appeared at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado, the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal, Bumbershoot, and South by Southwest. He co-produced the weekly standup-variety show Invite Them Up with Bobby Tisdale and Holly Schlesinger, which won a Nightlife Award. He currently produces Pretty Good Friends (formerly Tearing the Veil of Maya) at Union Hall in Park Slope, Brooklyn with Julie Smith, which has been voted the best comedy night in New York City by New York Magazine.
Mirman, much like David Cross and Patton Oswalt, is known to often perform in rock clubs and theaters as opposed to traditional comedy clubs. Often touring the United States, Mirman occasionally opens for the comedy troupe Stella (former members of The State). He has opened for various bands such as The Shins and toured with Modest Mouse, Yo La Tengo, Gogol Bordello, Andrew Bird, and Cake. Mirman also toured with Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn and Maria Bamford on the Comedians of Comedy tour.
Mirman's Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival has been running since 2008.
Television career 
Mirman has appeared on several TV shows, including Late Night with Conan O'Brien, HBO's Flight of the Conchords, Comedy Central Presents, Delocated, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Comedy Central's Premium Blend, VH1, Third Watch, Cartoon Network's Home Movies, Cheap Seats, Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil and more. He also played a spokes-potato on Food Network.
On February 21, 2011, Mirman appeared on The Colbert Report as a fertility clown.
In January 2009, Mirman released a satirical self-help book entitled The Will to Whatevs.
Absurdist humor 
In addition to his standup work, Mirman has also produced a number of absurdist videos including a video mimicking 1990s-era anti-marijuana advertisements  and for his "Sexpert" video in which he gives advice about women.
- The Absurd Nightclub Comedy of Eugene Mirman (2004)
- Invite Them Up (2005)
- En Garde, Society! (2006)
- Comedians of Comedy 3" Tour CD (2006)
- God Is a Twelve-Year-Old Boy with Asperger's (2009)
- An Evening of Comedy In a Fake Underground Laboratory (2012)
- The Will to Whatevs (2009)
- Russian: Евгений Борис Мирман, Yevgeniĭ Boris Mirman; born July 24, 1974.
- Jackson, Todd (2009). Eugene Mirman. Retrieved on 2009-05-13 from http://www.dead-frog.com/comedians/comic/eugene_mirman/.
- Mirman, Eugene. "Extended Biography". Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Log in om een reactie te plaatsen. (2009-06-08). "Eugene Mirman 2009 LHS Commencement Speech". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Log in om een reactie te plaatsen. "Hampshire College • 2012 Commencement Keynote Speech • Eugene Mirman". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Eugene Mirman Biography from Sub Pop Records
- Photo courtesy of Comedy Central, Lead photo by Gavin Bond (2009-11-30). "John Oliver's TV Show to Feature Eugene Mirman, Paul F. Tompkins, Janeane Garofalo, Many More". Pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- By. "The Erudite Absurdist: Eugene Mirman - Page". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- at 11:37 PM (2008-03-24). "Jon Glaser on Adult Swim, a NYC Human Giant show, Clipse". Brooklynvegan.com. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Bob's Burgers, Fox
- "StarTalk Radio Show by Neil deGrasse Tyson | first and only popular commercial radio program devoted to all things space". Startalkradio.net. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Mirman, Eugene (2010-03-24). "Harper Collins Website". Harpercollins.ca. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Log in om een reactie te plaatsen. "Pot is Bad". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Sexpert"[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Eugene Mirman|
- Eugene Mirman official website
- Eugene Mirman on MySpace
- Eugene Mirman at the Internet Movie Database