|Alma mater||Hampshire College;
University of Iowa
|Notable awards||Carl Sandburg Literary Award,|
She won the Carl Sandburg Literary Award,the Rona Jaffe Foundation Writers' Award, the Graywolf Press Nonfiction Prize, the Pushcart Prize, and the National Book Critics Circle Award. She is a Guggenheim Fellow. She is an editor at Essay Press.
After earning a bachelor's degree in non-fiction writing from Hampshire College, Biss moved to New York City. She taught in public schools where her experiences profoundly influenced her writing. In 2003, she moved to Iowa City, where she went on to complete her MFA in the University of Iowa's Nonfiction Writing Program. She teaches at Northwestern University.
An artist in residence at Northwestern University, Biss is also the author of two books and the founder of Essay Press. Her second book, Notes from No Man's Land, won the Graywolf Press Nonfiction Prize. In March 2010, Notes from No Man's Land won the National Book Critics Circle Award in the criticism category. Her third book, On Immunity: An Inoculation, was one of the New York Times Book Review's 10 Best Books of 2014 and was a finalist for the 2014 National Book Critics Circle Award (Criticism).
- On Immunity: An Inoculation Graywolf Press, 2014 ISBN 978-1-55597-689-7
- Notes from No Man's Land Graywolf Press, 2009 ISBN 978-1-55597-518-0
- No-Man’s-Land, The Believer, February 2008
- The Balloonists Hanging Loose Press, 2002, ISBN 978-1-931236-07-2
- Radio Interview: Eula Biss discusses her book On Immunity, public health and anti-vaccination movements on The 7th Avenue Project radio show.
- Melissa Farnand (Winter 2006). "The Balloonists: Eula Biss". Double Room.
- "Eula Biss BIO". www.gf.org. John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation. 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
With The Balloonists (2002), then 25-year-old Eula Biss ...
- Time Out Chicago Issue 208. February 19–25, 2009
- "National Book Critics Circle Announces Finalists for Publishing Year 2014". National Book Critics Circle. January 19, 2015. Retrieved January 29, 2015.