|Key people||Dennis Mendoros, Managing Director & Owner|
Euravia is a UK aviation engineering company, specialising in the retail and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of PT6 engines. The company is based in Kelbrook, Lancashire, and provides a range of turboprop and turboshaft services for both Civil and Defence aviation requirements.
Euravia was founded by Dennis G Mendoros as a one-man operation in January 1988, with the company moving to Barnoldswick, Lancashire from Altrincham, Greater Manchester in March 1988. At the end of 1989, Euravia purchased its first "Aero-Engine Repair Facility at Earby, Lancashire. By the end of the first year of operation, Euravia had received its first MOD (UK) contract, for the supply of the RB211 -524B4 engine.
In June 1994, Euravia moved to its current location in Kelbrook - a purpose built factory designed to provide full capabilities for PT6 repair and overhaul.
Today, Euravia is an approved NATO manufacturer and an MOD (UK) Design Organisation (DAOS Approval) with more than 100,000 square feet (9,300m2) of production space, working with a global network of Civil and Defence operators.
- Full Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of the PT6 engine family
- Design and Post Design
- Engine performance testing
Euravia also offers Engineering Support Services including component & engine life assessment, reliability studies, component improvement programmes, design, manufacture, qualification and testing of special to type tooling plus the development of advanced computer systems for aerospace applications.
In 2012, Euravia expanded its Mobile Repair Team for the benefit of its international clients.
In 2013, Euravia received EASA and FAA approval for the overhaul of PT6C engines.
- RDC - Best Business of the year
- Dennis Mendoros OBE - BIBAs 'Lancastrian of the Year' 2008 
- Lancashire Telegraph - Business Award for Technology
- Lancashire Telegraph - Business Award for Export
- Pendle Borough Council - Environmental Business of the Year
- Queens Award 2010 - International Trade
- Design Approval - UK Ministry of Defence (DAOS)
- NATO Supply Code for Manufacturers Approval No. NSCM U6273
- FAA Repair Station
- EASA 145 Approval
- ISO 9001:2000 (Aerospace) Certificate
- CAA Air Navigation Order Article 12
- MOD UK Defence Contractors List DCL No. 2BQE02
- AS 9100 Revision B Certificate No. GB91/597
- NAMSA Manufacturer Code No. X6125
- UK Register of Quality Assessed Companies Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Register
Other OEM & National Civil Aviation Authority Approvals
(1) http://www.euravia.co.uk/index.html (2) http://www.euravia.co.uk/content/S633168192394230000/Design%20Approval%20by%20MOD.pdf (3) http://www.helitech.co.uk/page.cfm/action=Exhib/ExhibID=00163 (4) http://www.handbook.aero/hb_industrypage.html?recnum=3140 (5) http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/business/awards/3849366.VIDEO__Lancashire_Telegraph_Business_Awards/ (6) http://www.pendle.gov.uk/site/scripts/news_article.php?newsID=480 (7) http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/pendle/kelbrook/8111431.Pendle_aerospace_firm_wins_Queen_s_Award_for_business/
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2009)|