|Created by||Judy Katschke|
James J. Kroupa
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||134|
|Executive producer(s)||Kit Laybourne|
Michael Holman (1989-1991)
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original run||September 4, 1989– June 30, 1995|
Eureeka's Castle is an American children's television series that aired on Nickelodeon from September 4, 1989 to June 30, 1995. R. L. Stine, creator and author of the Goosebumps series, co-created and was the lead screenwriter of Eureeka's Castle.
The show follows various puppet characters (in the style of Sesame Street), including Eureeka, a sorceress in training. She and her friends live in a wind-up castle music box owned by a friendly giant. Other characters include Magellan, a good-natured dragon whose cumbersome tail seems to have a mind of its own. Bog and Quagmire, a brother and sister pair known as the Moat Twins, spend most of their time below the castle eating peanut butter sandwiches. The near blind Batly the bat attempts to improve his flying skills, but always crashes. Mr. Knack, a friendly tinkerer, sells his own knick-knacks in a pushcart. There are also various appearing creatures such as mice and singing fish called the Fishtones. Magellan has his own pets like Cooey and the slurms (a portmanteau of slug and worm), who were animated with Clay animation. Batly also has a pet spider named Webster.
- Eureeka: The title character, Eureeka is a friendly wizard-in-training.
- Magellan: A big, childish green dragon, whose tail has a mind of its own. Tends to make great big sneezes that can shake the whole castle whenever he gets upset.
- Bogge and Quagmire: the Moat Twins
- Batly: A blue, clumsy, and egotistical bat who wears glasses. Despite being different in every way, he and Magellan are good friends.
- Mr. Knack: Handyman/Salesman
- Emma: A fat, orange mouse that loves to eat.
- Sir Klank
- Fishtones: Singing Fish Statue that spits water
- Cooey: Magellan's pet
- Slurms: Magellan's pet
- Webster: Batly's Pet Spider
- The Giant: Owns the "castle music box" where the show takes place.
- Cheryl Blaylock – Eureeka
- Noel MacNeal – Magellan and Webster
- Pam Arciero – Quagmire and Emma
- Brian Muehl – Bog and Mr. Knack
- Lynn Hippen – Cooey and Kate
- James Kroupa – Batly, Sir Klank, and the Giant
Several episodes of Eureeka's Castle were released on VHS. To date, the series has not been released on DVD.
- Eureeka's Castle at the Internet Movie Database
- Eureeka's Castle at TV.com
- Entertainment Weekly article