Eureka High School (Illinois)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
Eureka High School (commonly called Eureka High or EHS) is a public secondary school located in Eureka, Illinois. The school is part of Eureka Community Unit District 140, with admission based primarily on the locations of students' homes. Communities supported include Eureka, Goodfield, Secor, and Congerville. Serving students in grades ninth grade–twelfth grade, it is a small high school with a student base of 400-500 students. The school is a member of the Corn Belt Conference and compete under the name Hornets.
- Dan McCoy (b. 1978), comedian and television writer, is a 1996 graduate of Eureka High School
- Andy Studebaker (b. 1985) NFL linebacker for the Indianapolis Colts, is a 2004 graduate of Eureka High School
- Ben Zobrist (b. 1981), All-Star Major League Baseball pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays, was born and raised in Eureka
- Arlene Franks, "Eureka's Dan McCoy Hits It Big in New York," Woodford County Journal, Feb. 1, 2012.
- "Andy Studebaker," Pro-Football-Reference.com, www.pro-football-reference.com/
- Marc Topkin, "Tampa Bay Rays' Ben Zobrist has taken a surprising path to today's All-Star game," Tampa Bay Times, July 13, 2009.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|