||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015)|
|Public Limited Company|
|Headquarters||New York City (HQ), 316 Offices worldwide|
|Andrew Benett (Global CEO)|
|Products||Advertising & Marketing|
Number of employees
Havas Worldwide, formerly known as Euro RSCG, is one of the largest integrated marketing communications agencies in the world, made up of 316 offices located in 75 countries throughout the world. Havas Worldwide provides advertising, marketing services, corporate communications, and "interactive solutions" to global, regional, and local clients.
In 2010, Advertising Age listed the firm, (then called Euro RSCG), as having more global assignments than any other network for the fifth consecutive year, making the agency the world's largest network by global accounts. Headquartered in New York, Havas Worldwide is the largest unit of Havas (Euronext Paris SA: HAV.PA), the fifth largest communications group in the world, behind Omnicom, WPP, Interpublic, and Publicis.
In the fall of 2012 Euro RSCG Worldwide was renamed Havas Worldwide.
The agency was born from the merger with Eurocom S.A. Each letter in RSCG corresponds to the name of each of their founders: Roux, Séguela, Cayzac, and Goudard.
- 1970 Bernard Roux, Jacques Séguéla establish their agency Roux Séguéla
- 1972 Alain Cayzac joins Roux Séguéla, becoming Roux Séguéla Cayzac
- 1975 Havas Conseil reconstituted as Eurocom holding company
- 1976 Roux Séguéla Cayzac merges with Jean-Michel Goudard to form RSCG
- 1991 Eurocom S.A. acquires RSCG to form Euro RSCG
- 1997 Euro RSCG Worldwide moves its headquarters from Paris to New York
- 2012 Euro RSCG Worldwide rebrands network as Havas Worldwide
Previous CEO David Jones was named CEO of the firm, then named Euro RSCG Worldwide, in 2005, at that time the youngest global CEO in the history of the ad industry. He also became Global CEO of parent company Havas in 2011, and is the co-founder of One Young World, a nonprofit organization that gives a voice to leaders age 25 and younger from around the globe.
Mercedes Erra (Managing Director, Havas) is the executive president of Havas Worldwide, and credited with the company's Evian campaign "Roller Babies," which made headlines and a mention in the Guinness Book of World Records for receiving over 75 million views.
Havas Worldwide works with 78 of the 100 largest global advertisers including Air France, Citigroup, Danone Group, IBM, Lacoste, LVMH, Merck, Mondelēz International, Pernod Ricard, Reckitt Benckiser, Sanofi, The Humane Society of the United States, and Unilever.
As a fully integrated global agency, Havas Worldwide handles the complete servicing of global communications briefs throughout its network:
- Havas Worldwide (Strategy, Creative, Production Automation & Implementation)
- Havas Worldwide Digital (Digital, Direct, Data & Analytics, CRM, Promotions, Channel Management, Motivation & Education)
- Havas PR (Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Internal Communications, and Corporate Identity)
Creative Business Idea Book
In July 2011, Havas Worldwide (then known as Euro RSCG) released the Creative Business Idea Book, which analyzes a number of case studies from the past ten years. The book highlights campaigns that build brands with “transformative ideas”, with cases arranged according to five areas of focus: “Unleashing human viruses”; “reinvigorating businesses and brands”; “thinking bigger than the business”; “targeting the new consumer” and “compelling change.”
Chicago advertising columnist Lewis Lazare called the book “a sexy compendium of case histories of Euro RSCG brand-building work for clients around the world.”
|Wikinews has related news: Roller skating babies becomes YouTube sensation|
- Stuart Elliot, "Havas Doubles Down On, Well, Havas" New York Times, 9/24/2012 http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/24/havas-doubles-down-on-well-havas
- "Integration on offer as Havas rebrands Euro RSCG Worldwide network to Havas Worldwide" Campaign Brief Asia, 9/25/2012 http://www.campaignbriefasia.com/2012/09/integration-on-offer-as-havas.html
- Euro RSCG Worldwide Named Largest Global Advertising Agency for Fifth Year in... - NEW YORK, 6 Dec. 2010 /PRNewswire/. Prnewswire.com. Retrieved on 6 July 2011.
- "Agency Report 2012" Ad Age, 4/30/2012 http://adage.com/article/datacenter-agencies/ad-agency-report-2012-analysis-rankings-contact-info/233874/
- Hall, Emma (1 March 2012). "Havas Drops Euro RSCG Brand Name, Adds Havas Digital". Ad Age.
- Rupal Parekh, “Havas Chief Talks Outsize Game, Takes on Ad Giants” Ad Age, 3/14/2011 http://adage.com/article/agency-news/havas-chief-talks-outsize-game-takes-ad-giants/149378
- "Bill Clinton Stars at One Young World Conference" The Wall Street Journal, 10/19/2012 http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/19/bill-clinton-stars-at-one-young-world-conference
- Lu Stout, Christie (2012-08-23). "The brains behind the most viral ad ever". CNN. cnn.com. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Lewis Lazare, "New Euro RSCG Book Shares 'Transformational' Big Ideas." Reel Chicago, 8/16/2011, http://www.reelchicago.com/article/new-euro-rscg-book-shares-transformational-big-ideas