|Type||Public (Euronext: ERF)|
|Founder(s)||Gilles Martin |
|Revenue||EUR 1.1 billion (2012)|
Eurofins is an international group of laboratories head-quartered in Luxembourg, providing testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments. Eurofins employs more than 15,000 employees across around 190 sites in 37 countries and has about EUR 1.1 billion annual revenues (2012).
The Eurofins Group offers a portfolio of over 100,000 reliable analytical methods for characterising the safety, identity, purity, composition, authenticity and origin of products and biological substances. Through research and development, in-licensing and acquisitions, the Group draws on the latest developments in the field of biotechnology and analytical sciences.
Eurofins pursued an aggressive strategy of expansion, buying more than eighty competitors worldwide since it was founded. Notable examples include the acquisition in 2005 of the German company MWG-Biotech and in 2011 of the US company Lancaster Laboratories, the latter for 150 million euros.
The company has developed an exclusive method of food analysis, testing and authentication that has thwarted the counterfeiting of food goods, and also cigars. The company's testing can also detect food contaminants.
- Site-Specific Natural Isotope Fractionation-Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (SNIF-NMR) – used by Eurofins for the analysis of wines and other alcoholic beverages
- (French) Le réseau, botte secrète d'Eurofins, L'Usine nouvelle n° 2965, 26.05.2005
- (German) Eurofins. Der Testsieger. Warum der Labormulti von Skandalen in aller Welt und neuen EU-Verordnungen profitiert, Focus, 15.10.2008
- (French) Le monde entier s’arrache "les Experts" d’Eurofins, Capital, 01/12/2011
- (French) Eurofins trace son chemin en traquant les tricheurs, L'Usine nouvelle n° 2713, 09.12.1999