European Doctoral College Lille Nord-Pas de Calais
||This article has no lead section. (February 2013)|
From doctoral research to innovation applications
The European Doctoral College Université Lille Nord de France is a hub for doctoral researchers and contributes to the Lisbon strategy to make Europe 'the most competitive and knowledge-based economy in the world and a reference for high quality and excellence in education'. The doctoral college groups together 6 doctoral schools supported by research laboratories in Lille-Kortrijk Eurodistrict and related universities in the Euroregion including Belgium and French Nord - Pas de Calais. It aims to strengthen academic and research cooperation among the universities in the Euroregion.
It is often stated that the international attraction of a region is based on a sustainable combination of first-class university institutes and cosely knit links between education, research and society. The purpose of the doctoral college is to contribute and maintain the sustainability of such a combination in the Lille-Nord de France region, as this European region includes over a hundred thousand university students and more than ten thousand researchers. Lille-Nord de France claims as one of the few European hub regions recognised for their academic excellence and innovation. Research domains are supported by several hundred Master/research curricula from the University of Lille Nord de France and partners institutes, as the first step towards doctoral studies within the doctoral college.
In addition to fundamental research, applied research is a key aspect of the doctoral college, supporting the emergence of innovation. The doctoral college is embedded in several world-class competitiveness clusters located in the Nord de France region with strong links to industry applications. Incubators for start-up companies (such as Eurasanté and MITI-incubation) are located on the campus sites in the Lille area.
Most researchers at the doctoral college are partially funded through grants from the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) or from the French Agence nationale pour la Recherche (ANR). Applied research is also funded through university-industry joint programmes (CIFRE).
Members and partners
French research teams associated to the European Doctoral College are hosted in the following academic institutes listed in the Académie de Lille:
- École centrale de Lille
- Université Lille Nord de France
- Campus Lille I: Lille University of Science and Technology (USTL) (Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille I)
- Campus Lille II: Lille University of Health and Law (Université Lille II Droit et Santé)
- Campus Lille III: Lille - Charles de Gaulle University (Université Charles de Gaulle des sciences humaines, lettres et arts de Lille III)
- Campus Université d'Artois: University of Artois
- Campus Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale (ULCO): University of the Littoral Opal Coast
- Campus Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut-Cambrésis (UVHC): University of Valenciennes and Hainaut-Cambresis.
Belgium universities and research teams are partners of the European Doctoral College.
Other institutes and universities cooperate in the European doctoral college.
Doctoral schools attached to the European doctoral college
Six doctoral schools are included in the European Doctoral College with 3,000 registered PhD students in 139 research labs:
- SPI - Doctoral School of Engineering Sciences supported by 22 research labs. The 22 research laboratories provide for fundamental and applied researches and contribute to engineering innovations. SPI doctoral school specialises in the following disciplines: mathematics, information technologies, control sciences, electrical engineering and electronics, nanotechnologies, mechanics and system design
- SMRE - Doctoral School for Science of Matter, Radiation, Environment supported by 26 research labs. SMRE doctoral school specialises in the following disciplines: physics, chemistry, earth science, ecology and environment, palaeontology, biological oceanology, and biotechnologies.
- BSL - Doctoral School Biology - Health supported by 47 research labs. Bio-Health (BSL) doctoral school specialises in the following disciplines: biology and life sciences, genomics, medicine, health.
- SESAM - Doctoral School in Business, economics, urban planning and management supported by 11 research labs. This doctoral school specialises in the following disciplines: economics, management sciences, sociology, anthropology, ethnology, prehistory, geography, urban planning and landscape.
- SHS - Doctoral School in Social Sciences and Humanities supported by 19 research labs. The doctoral school for social sciences and humanities (SHS) specialises in the following disciplines: Philosophy, Linguistics, the Arts, Space/Time, Languages, Literature, Civilisations, Texts and Cultures, Psychology, Cognition, Modelling, Mediations in Knowledge and Societies.
- SJPG - Doctoral School for Law, Administration, Political Science supported by 14 research labs. The doctoral school specialises in the following disciplines: law, management science (finance and marketing) and political science.
Related research institutes
- French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- Institute for national research on computer and control sciences - Institut national de recherche en informatique et en automatique (INRIA-Lille Nord Europe)
- IFSTTAR (Institute for national research on transportation and safety - Villeneuve d'Ascq)
- ONERA - The French aerospace labs - Office national d'études et de recherches aérospatiales (ONERA-Lille)
- National institute for health and medical research - Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale (INSERM Lille)
- Lille II University hospital - Centre hospitalier universitaire de Lille (CHRU Lille)
- Institut Pasteur de Lille
- IFREMER - Institute for French Researchers and Exploitation of the Sea
- Innovation cluster on nutrition, health and longevity - Pôle de compétitivité Nutrition Santé Longévité (NSL)
- Innovation cluster on transportation industry - Pôle de compétitivité i-Trans
- Innovation cluster on commerce industry - Pôle de compétitivité Industrie du commerce
- Innovation cluster on textile & materials - Pôle de compétitivité UP-TEX
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Université Lille Nord de France.|
- European Doctoral College Lille Nord de France
- http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/static/en/mundus/index.htm EACEA
- Introduction to the European Doctoral College of Lille - Nord Pas de Calais
- Academie de Lille
- Belgium universities and research teams
- SPI doctoral school
- SPI research labs
- SMRE doctoral school
- SMRE research labs
- BSL doctoral school
- BSL research labs
- SESAM doctoral school
- SESAM research labs
- SHS doctoral school
- SHS research labs
- SJPG doctoral school
- SJPG research labs
- Pole universitaire Lille Nord Pas de Calais - News
- Bernard Gregory doctoral association
- Campus France
- Student grants programme