European Quality Award
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
The European Quality Award is now referred to as the EFQM Excellence Award.
The first award was made in 1992 to Rank Xerox. Subsequent winners are:
- 1993 Milliken Europe
- 1994 D2D (Design to Distribution)
- 1995 Texas Instruments
- 1996 Brisa (Bridgestone)
- 1997 SGS-Thomson
- 1998 TNT UK
- 1999 Yellow Pages
- 2000 Nokia
- Refer to the EFQM Excellence Award page for the full listing
In the past, the award was given to organisations in the following categories:
- Large Organisations and Business Units
- Operating Units of Companies
- Public Sector Organisations
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) in two categories, 'Independent SMEs' and 'Subsidiaries of Larger Organisations'.
European Quality Prizes are awarded each year by the EFQM. Recipients are organisations that have applied for but not won the European Quality Award; however, the application was of such a high standard that the European Quality Prize is appropriate.