European Wind Energy Association
The European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) is an association based in Brussels, promoting the use of wind power in Europe. It has over 600 members, which are active in over 50 countries, including manufacturers with a leading share of the world wind power market, component suppliers, research institutes, national wind and renewables associations,[clarification needed] developers, contractors, electricity providers, finance companies, insurance companies, and consultants.
EWEA organises numerous regular events: conferences, exhibitions, launches, seminars and workshops. These encourage the exchange of international experience on policy, finance and technical developments, and showcase the latest technology.
From 2011, the annual European Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition (EWEC), organised by the European Wind Energy Association for over 25 years, changed its name to "EWEA Annual Event". The last event was EWEA 2014 in Barcelona. The next edition will be "EWEA 2015" in Paris.
Another major EWEA event is its conference and exhibition dedicated to offshore wind energy, the last edition of which attracted 8,200 participants and 480 exhibiting companies. The next offshore event is in Copenhagen in 2015 - EWEA OFFSHORE 2015.
- Wind power in the European Union
- List of onshore wind farms
- List of large wind farms
- List of offshore wind farms
- Renewable energy in the European Union
- List of renewable energy organizations
- World Wind Energy Association (WWEA)
- American Wind Energy Association
- EWEA Official Home Page
- EWEA Offshore 2015
- EWEA 2015
- Creating the Internal Energy Market in Europe EWEA report (10/2012)
- Energy and the EU budget 2014-2020