|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
On 2 February 2012 in Kiev, Vinnytsia region of Ukraine and the six districts of the Republic of Moldova have consolidated officially an agreement on the establishment of the Euroregion "Dniester". The corresponding agreement was signed by the Head of Vinnytsia Regional Council Sergiy Tatusiak and the Head of Vinnytsia Regional State Administration Mykola Dzhyga and six Heads of district Councils of the Republic of Moldova: Ocnita, Soroca, Floresti, Soldanesti, Rezina, Donduseni.
The signing took place during the official visit to Kyiv the Prime Minister of Moldova Vlad Filat and the official delegation consisting of officials and leaders from individual regions of the country.
On 28 February 2013, Dubasari district of Republic of Moldova joined the Euroregion.
Territory – 34 218 km2
Population – 2 050 thousand people
Euroregion "Dniester" is created as a body of cross-border cooperation, as an association of local administrative-territorial units of Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova.
The main purpose of the creation and activity of the Euroregion "Dniester" is the implementation of programs for harmonized and complex development of territories adjacent to the river Dniester.
The parties will cooperate, within their competence, to implement the following objectives:
- organization, coordination and developing relations in the sphere of economy, science, education, culture, tourism, sport;
- implementation of joint projects concerning environmental protection, ecological improvement of Dniester river basin;
- realization of common cross-border investment projects;
- implementation of regional projects (programs) for reducing unemployment among the population of border areas by increasing the economic potential;
- organization of contacts with international organizations, funds, institutes, agencies and other organizations.
Official site (rus/eng) - http://dniester.eu