|at Pocharam lake, Andhra Pradesh, India.|
(Blyth, 1853)[verification needed]
Mabuya macularia (Blyth, 1853)
Snout short, obtusely keeled, acuminate. Louver eyelid scaly. Nostril behind vertical of suture between rostral and first labial; no postnasal; anterior loreal deeper and shorter than second; frontonasal as long as broad or a little broader than long, in contact with the rostral and uMiallv also with the frontal; latter as long as the frontoparietals and interparietal together or a little longer, in contact with the second, or first and second, supraoculars ; 4 supraoculars, second largest; 5 supraciliaries, third longest; frontoparietals distinct, larger than the interparietal, which entirely separates the parietals: a pair of nuchals ; 4, exceptionally 3, labials anterior to the subocular, which is large and not narrowed below. Ear-opening oval, as large as a lateral scale, or a little smaller, with or without a few very indistinct lobules anteriorly. Dorsal, nuchal, and lateral scales with 5 to 7 sharp keels; 26 to 30 scales round the middle of the body, subequal. The adpressed limbs meet or overlap. Digits short; subdigital lamellae smooth. Scales on upper surface of tibia mostly bicannate. Tail 1.25 to 1.75 times the length of head and body. Brown or olive-brown above, sides darker and usually with white black-edged spots; back uniform, or black-spotted, or with one or two black longitudinal lines; sometimes two light lateral lines on each side, well marked only on the neck; lower surfaces yellowish (in spirit). From snout to vent 2.5 inches ; tail 3.6.
- Boulenger, G. A. 1890. Fauna of British India. Reptilia and Batrachia.
- Annandale, N. 1909 Rec. Ind. Mus. 3: 257
- Blanford,W.T. 1879 Notes on a collection of reptiles and frogs from the neighbourhood of Ellore and Dumagudem. J. Asiat. Soc. Bengal xlviii: 109-116
- Blyth,E. 1854 Notices and descriptions of various reptiles, new or little-known. Part I. J. Asiat. Soc. Bengal 22 : 639-655
- Das I. 1991 A new species of Mabuya from Tamil Nadu State, Southern India (Squamata: Scincidae). Journal of Herpetology 25 (3): 342-344.
- Mausfeld,P.; Vences, M. Schmitz, A. & Veith, M. 2000 First data on the molecular phylogeography of scincid lizards of the genus Mabuya. Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 17 (1): 11-14
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eutropis macularia.|