List of tennis umpires
Listed are current and past tennis chair umpires who hold or have held gold badge International Tennis Federation (ITF) ratings. Gold badge umpires typically officiate Grand Slam, ATP World Tour and WTA Tour matches. The following list shows only those who hold or have held a gold badge as a chair umpire. It does not include those who hold or have held gold badges in refereeing or chief umpiring. Years where included, indicate when the umpire obtained gold badge status.
List of active Men Tennis Umpires:
|Ali Nili||Iran||ATP Chair Umpire and Supervisor|
|Carlos Bernardes||Brazil||ATP Chair Umpire
He was one of many umpires during the Olympic games of 2004, 2008 and 2012.
|Carlos Ramos||Portugal||ITF Grand Slam Chair Umpire
He officiated the Men's Singles Final at the 2012 Olympic Games, as well as the Men's Singles Final at the 4 Grand Slam tournaments. (Umpire Gold Slam)
|Cédric Mourier||France||ATP Chair Umpire and Supervisor|||
|Fergus Murphy||Ireland||ATP Chair Umpire|||
|Gerry Armstrong||Great Britain||ATP Chair Umpire and Supervisor
Assistant Referee of The Championship, Wimbledon
|Jake Garner||USA||Gold Badge Chair Umpire
He officiated the 2007, 2009, 2012 US Open Men's Final, 2013 US Open Men's Final and the 2015 Australian Open Men's Final.
|James Keothavong||Great Britain||2010||He officiated the 2014 Wimbledon Men's Final|||
|Kader Nouni||France||WTA Chair Umpire
He officiated the 2014 and 2013 French Open Women's Singles Final
|Mohamed El Jennati||Morocco|
|Mohamed Lahyani||Sweden||ATP Chair Umpire
He officiated the two longest matches in Wimbledon history:
List of active Women Tennis Umpires:
|Alison Hughes (former Lang)||Great Britain|||
List of former Tennis Umpires:
|Andreas Egli||Switzerland||ITF Grand Slam Supervisor
Supervisor of Australian Open, Roland Garros, The Championship Wimbledon, US Open
|Anne Lasserre Ullrich||France||First French woman to chair men's matches at Grand Slams.|
|Bertie Bowron||Great Britain|||
|Bruno Rebeuh||France||Umpired the French Open final in countless opportunities.|||
|Donna Kelso||Australia||WTA Supervisor|
|Edward James||Great Britain|||
|Fabián Cherny||Argentina||Only South-American Chair Umpire at the 1996 Olympic event in Atlanta, USA. Worked in the Australia, USA and French Grand Slams and in several Davis Cup ties.|||
|Fiona Edwards||Great Britain|
|Freddie Sore||Great Britain||He was the longest-serving umpire at Wimbledon; over 40 years.|||
|Georgina Clark||Great Britain||First female umpire to officiate a Grand Slam final (Wimbledon 1984).|
|Gil de Kermadec||France|||
|Jane Harvey||Great Britain||Umpired 5 Wimbledon singles finals, 4 Olympic Gold medal finals, and first female to umpire a World Group Davis Cup. Over 10 years as a full-time official.|
|Jeremy Shales||Great Britain|||
|John Frame||Great Britain||Umpired 7 Wimbledon Finals, including 3 Mens Singles.|
|John Parry||Great Britain|||
|Jorge Dias||Portugal||First of three top Portuguese officials, opened the path to two current top officials, Carlos Ramos and Carlos Sanchez.|
|Lars Graff||Sweden||ATP Supervisor
While umpiring in the 2003 Wimbledon match, Greg Rusedski was fined £1500 for an obscene outburst.
|Laura Ceccarelli||Italy||WTA Supervisor|
|Mike Morrissey||Great Britain||Umpired Wimbledon´s final.|
|Sandra de Jenken||France|||
|Steve Ullrich||USA||Probably the tennis umpire with the best record of precise overrules.|
|Ted Watts||Great Britain|
|Wayne McKewen||Australia||ITF Grand Slam Supervisor
Referee of Australian Open
|Mike Loo||USA||ATP Challenger Supervisor|
ATP Tour officials
The original 8 full-time world officials for the (then new) 1990 ATP Tour
- Dana Loconto (USA)
- Gerry Armstrong (Great Britain)
- Paulo Pereira (Brazil)
- Pedro Bravo (Chile)
- Richard Ings (Australia)
- Richard Kaufman (USA)
- Rudy Berger (Germany)
- Steve Ulrich (USA)
Former Gold Badge Chair Umpires Now USTA Supervisors(Gold Badge Referees)
- Bunny Williams
- Missy Malool
- Desie Samuels
- Billy Lipp
- Kieth Crossland
- Mike Loo
- David Littlefield
- "ITF Tennis – Officiating". Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- "Cédric Mourier a dirigé dimanche dernier sa 5e finale du simple homme de Roland Garros".
- "ITF Annual Report & Accounts 2009". Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "It is Murphy's law as Irish umpire strikes back in Oz". Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- "Umpire Gerry Armstrong still calls play". Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- "Gianluca Moscarella, l'Italia che vale oro". Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- 2012 U.S. Open "Andy Murray wins first Slam as Novak Djokovic's rally fizzles". ESPN.
- "ITF Annual Report & Accounts 2010". Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Lahyani presides over longest match". ESPN. Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- Cambers, Simon (June 30, 2012). "Wimbledon 2012: Marin Cilic beats Sam Querrey in five-hour classic". The Guardian (London).
- "The Best Seat in Tennis".
- "Tennis umpire Alison Lang keeping Wimbledon stars in check". Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Sitting Down With Chair Umpire Eva Asderaki". Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- Dillman, Lisa (January 22, 2005). "It's a Judgment Call as Umpire Returns to Chair". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Marija Čičak zlatna". Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- Roberstson, Max (1974). The Encyclopedia of Tennis. p. 113.
- "Bruno Rebeuh, juge de paix à Roland-Garros". L'Express. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "Top Official Tony Nimmons Celebrates Career, Calls for Tennis Diversity". USTA. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Bonk, Thomas (September 3, 1991). "U.S. OPEN: This One Is Poor Connors". L.A. Times. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Brown, Jonathan (April 16, 2008). "McEnroe was right on that call? You cannot be serious!". London: The Independent. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "ENAT, escuela nacional de árbitros de tenis". ENAT, escuela nacional de árbitros de tenis de Argentina,. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- Edwards, Bill (November 28, 1995). "OBITUARY: Frank Hammond". London: The Independent. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "Freddie Sore". London: The Telegraph. June 22, 2004. Retrieved April 27, 2012.
- "Freddie Sore dies at age 93". The Daily Telegraph (London). June 22, 2004. Retrieved September 16, 2012.
- Evans, Richard (September 27, 2005). "Jeremy Shales". London: The Guardian. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "Umpire debuts as the voice of Wimbledon". BBC East Midlands. June 29, 2011. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "Kerrilyn Cramer – Tennis Official, Chair Umpire". Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- "Lars Graff – An Umpire With Gravitas". Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- "Rusedski fined for outburst". BBC. 26 June 2003. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- McCarvel, Nick (April 5, 2013). "Tennis umpire, and cult hero, Lynn Welch retires". USA Today. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Bishop, Greg (September 6, 2011). "Many Top Umpires Decide to Skip the Open". The New York Times. Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- "Umpires Say the Days of Tennis Brats Over". Los Angeles Times. May 28, 1989.
- "Si ritira Romano Grillotti da giudice di sedia, dopo 23 anni di professionismo". Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Tennis-Open-Woman umpire makes grand slam history". Reuters. January 28, 2007. Retrieved March 7, 2012.