Eva Maria Pracht
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)|
Eva Maria Pracht
|Bronze||1988 Seoul||Team dressage|
Eva Maria Pracht lives in Cedar Valley, Ontario, Canada. She competed as part of the bronze medal winning Canadian Equestrian Team for dressage, at the 1988 Summer Olympics. Pracht competed with her equine partner, Swedish Warmblood gelding Emirage.
She also Represented Canada in the following events:
- 1982 World Equestrian Games: Equestrian - Dressage Individual
- 1984 Summer Olympics: Los Angeles, Equestrian - Dressage Team and Individual - with equine partner Little Joe
- 1987 Pan American Games: Equestrian - Dressage Team, Gold Medal - with equine partner "Emirage"
- 1988 Summer Olympics: Seoul, Equestrian - Dressage Team, Bronze Medal - with equine partner Emirage
- 1991 World Cup: Equestrian - Dressage Individual
In 2006 she choreographed a Grand Prix Dressage Quadrille for the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto, Ontario. The Quadrille was sponsored by SSG Riding Gloves. Pracht is the daughter of Josef Neckermann. Pracht's daughter Martina Pracht has also competed at an international level for Canada.
- MARTINA PRACHT. Birthplace
- Frankfurt, Germany in 1964.
In 1981, the Prachts moved to Canada and Martina began competing at the young rider level where she experienced tremendous success. In total, Martina has brought home seven medals, five gold and two silver, from the North American Young Rider Championships.
1987 - Pan American Games -Martina won team gold and individual silver medals In 1988, Martina (Little Joe) was the alternate rider at the Olympic Games, but had a chance to ride in her first Olympics in 1992 in Barcelona, Spain aboard Emirage, the same mount her mother had ridden in the previous Olympics. In 1993, Pracht and Emirage were named Canadian Grand Prix Champions. Martina and her mother retired Emirage at the 1994 Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in a special ceremony.
- SABRINA VON BUTTLAR - Daughter of Martina Pracht, Grand-daughter of Eva Maria Pracht.
Born March 31, 2001, in Canada. Sabrina began riding when she was 3. Sabrina rides ponies - Marilyn her miniature, Dante, and her current small pony Mr.Bojangles. Sabrina shows in the small pony division at the Caledon Equestrian Park in Palgrave, Ontario. She has just finished her first horse show at the Caledon Equestrian Park she was "Small Pony Champion".