Eva Menasse (born May 11, 1970 in Vienna) is an Austrian author and journalist. She has studied history and German literature. Menasse had a successful career as a journalist, writing for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung in Frankfurt and as a correspondent from Prague and Berlin. She left the paper to write her first novel, Vienna, and now lives and works in Berlin as a freelance author.
The English translation of her novel Vienna was shortlisted for the 2007 Independent Foreign Fiction Prize in the UK.
Eva Menasse is married to the German author Michael Kumpfmüller.
- Die letzte Märchenprinzessin, (with Elisabeth and Robert Menasse), 1997
- Klein Menasses der mächtigste Mann, (with Elisabeth and Robert Menasse), 1998
- Der Holocaust vor Gericht. Der Prozess um David Irving, 2000
- Vienna, 2005
- Lässliche Todsünden, 2009
- "Goethe Institute - Eva Menasse's novel Vienna". Retrieved 2002-03-13.