January 27, 1980 |
Bad Frankenhausen, Germany
Padberg was born in Bad Frankenhausen and grew up in Rottleben, Germany. In 1995, she applied for Bravo's Boy & Girl contest; she made it among the best ten models and gained the opportunity to do a test shooting for Louisa Models in Munich. In 1998, after having finished her Abitur, she started her professionel model career. Eva worked in Paris, Tokyo, and New York, e.g. for Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein and walked for different Prêt-à-Porter shows.
Besides the catwalk and the photo shootings, she became a frequently asked model for commercials and advertising campaigns: Since 2003, she has been the face of the world-known make-up-brand Astor. In May 2005, she appeared in the TV commercial of the candy brand "Gletscher Eis" and in September of the same year she became not only the new face of the Korean automobile manufacturer Kia Motors, but also the new cover top-model of the mail order company Otto and campaign model for Nintendo's Nintendogs. Since May 2006, she has been promoting the new drink "König Pilsener Lemon" of the brand König Pilsener.
In May 2004, Padberg was photographed for the German Playboy by Ellen von Unwerth. In 2005, she was voted "Sexiest Woman of the World" by the readers of FHM and became cover model of the magazine GQ in 2006.
She is also a singer and songwriter of Dapayk & Padberg, a well-known electronic club act. Together with her husband Niklas Worgt, also known as Dapayk, she released various singles followed by their first album Close Up on Mo's Ferry Prod. in September 2005.
In 2005, she started acting and had minor roles in her debut Maria an Callas (2006) and the film adaptation of the video game In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007). She also worked in the jury of Germany's Star Search and, in 2006, as a presenter for the Bambi award of Hubert Burda Media together with talk show host Harald Schmidt.
On July 29, 2006, after a relationship of ten years, she married the music producer Niklas Worgt. Padberg is active for numerous charitable projects such as SOS Children's Villages. She has also served as an ambassadress for UNICEF. Since May 2007, Eva has also represented Mercedes-Benz as a brand ambassador at international fashion and lifestyle events, including Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Mexico.
- Eva Padberg at the Fashion Model Directory
- Eva Padberg's official site (German)/(English)
- Eva Padberg at the Internet Movie Database
- Mercedes-Benz And Fashion: Top Model Eva Padberg 7/17/08 - eMercedesBenz
- "Mercedes-Benz And Fashion: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin". emercedesbenz.com. 17 July 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Mercedes-Benz And Fashion: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Mexico". emercedesbenz.com. 17 July 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Mode mit Tiefgang - Zusammen mit ihrem Mann Niklas Worgt hat Topmodel Eva Padberg für das Fairtrade-Label "armedangels" designt". gala.de. 21 June 2010. Retrieved 24 June 2010.