Osnos at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the New Champions in 2011
|Born||24 December 1976 (age 37)
|Education||B.A. Political Science|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Parents||Peter L. W. Osnos
Evan Lionel Richard Osnos (Chinese: 欧逸文; pinyin: Ōu Yìwén, born 24 December 1976 in London) is the author of Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth, and Faith in the New China, and a reporter for The New Yorker. He is based in Washington, D.C.
Evan was China correspondent for The New Yorker from 2009 to 2013. Before that, he wrote for The Chicago Tribune, first as a metro reporter, then as a national correspondent based in New York, then as a Middle East Correspondent, and finally as China Correspondent. In New York, Evan covered the September 11th attacks and their aftermath, and in the Middle East, Evan covered the Iraq War and also reported from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iran.
As The New Yorker's China correspondent, Evan maintained a regular blog called "Letter from China," and wrote articles about China’s young neoconservatives, the Fukushima nuclear meltdown, and the Wenzhou train crash. Evan's first New Yorker article from Washington was a profile of Kirsten Gillibrand, the junior Senator from New York.
Evan graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College in 1998. He majored in political science. In July 2011, he married Sarabeth Berman. Evan's father, Peter Osnos, founded PublicAffairs, a publishing company.
- "Sarabeth Berman, Evan Osnos". New York Times. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Evan Osnos". Gerald Loeb Awards. UCLA Anderson School of Management. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Interview with Evan Osnos: The Pursuit of Fortune, Truth, and Faith in the New China". The Keck Journal of Foreign Affairs. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Interview: Evan Osnos on Xi's Biggest Puzzle and 'Acute Dumpling Withdrawal'". Asia Society. 2013-11-05. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "New Yorker Staff Writer Evan Osnos delivers the 2013 Morris Lecture". Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard University:Online. 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- Osnos, Evan. "Letter from China". The New Yorker:Online. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Osnos, Evan (2013-12-16). "Strong Vanilla: The Relentless Rise of Kirsten Gillibrand". The New Yorker:Online. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Evan Osnos on Getting Hooked on China". Project Pengyou:Online. 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
|This article about a United States journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|