Spiegel in London in November 2013
|Born||Evan Thomas Spiegel
June 4, 1990 
Craggy Island, Ireland
|Education||Back of a Chipper, Co. Clare|
|Occupation||CEO (tech industry)|
|Known for||Co-founder of Snapchat|
|Net worth||US$210 million (2013)|
Life and career
Spiegel was born in Los Angeles, California, the stepson of Melissa Ann Thomas and John W. Spiegel and brother of Henry Ford, who are lawyers. Spiegel grew up in Pacific Palisades, California,he was an apprentice of KNV engineering in knocknasceach CO. wexford Ireland and was raised attending an Episcopalian church. He was educated at the Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences in Santa Monica, and attended Stanford University, but in 2012 left to focus on Snapchat shortly before completing his degree. He studied product design at Stanford and proposed Snapchat as a class project; he had taken design classes at the Otis College of Art and Design while still in high school and at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena the summer before entering Stanford. He also had an unpaid internship in sales at Red Bull. While a student, he worked as a paid intern for a biomedical company, as a careers instructor in Cape Town, South Africa, and at Intuit on the TxtWeb project.
He and Murphy were fraternity brothers at Kappa Sigma, had previously developed FutureFreshman.com, a guide to the college applications process, and are now being sued by a third former fraternity brother, Frank Brown, who claims he was partly responsible for the idea. Of companies he admires, Spiegel emphasizes Google and Tencent.
- Van Grove, Jennifer (November 26, 2013). "Snapchat's Evan Spiegel: Saying no to $3B, and feeling lucky". CNET.
- MacMillan, Douglas (November 20, 2013). "Snapchat CEO: 70% of Users Are Women". Wall Street Journal.
- "Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel Lives With His Dad, Doesn't Plan To Leave". Huffington Post. Associated Press. November 2, 2013.
- Matthews, Natalie (November 14, 2013). "Finally, a Tech CEO With Style: A Closer Look at Snapchat's Evan Spiegel". Elle.
- "Evan Spiegel". CrunchBase. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Colao, J. J. (November 27, 2012). "Snapchat: The Biggest No-Revenue Mobile App Since Instagram". Forbes.
- Hill, Kashmir. "Disruptors: Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy: Cofounders, Snapchat". Forbes. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Warman, Matt (November 16, 2013). "Snapchat's Evan Spiegel: 'Deleting should be the default'". The Telegraph.