Evangel Theological Seminary
|Evangel Theological Seminary, Kyiv|
|Religious affiliation||Evangelical, Pentecostal|
|Affiliations||Kiev Bible Institute|
In 1997 Ukrainian President Kuchma called a meeting of National religious leaders to plan for the 2000 anniversary celebration of the birth of Christ. During that meeting a request was made to the President that property be granted for the building of a church and seminary in the city of Kyiv. As a direct result of this request the mayor of Kyiv appropriated the present site. Plans were drawn, and through a series of financial miracles construction began, and continued for 2½ years until the building was fully completed. Since the beginning of classes in 2002, graduates are now ministering in countries throughout the former Soviet Union and beyond. The Seminary continues to respond to the need for preparing pastors, teachers and church leaders.
Evangel Theological Seminary has more than 27,000 library books, computer aids, audio/video resources and journals both in English and in Russian language.
Also have easily accessible fund of educational material for students not only books but on AUDIO, VIDIO, DVD, CD storages. It is different kinds of teaching programs, courses, lectures, books, commentaries, sermons on Russian, Ukrainian and English languages.
We have new modern library computer program which is using other major secular libraries in Ukraine and where student can find any book or resource that is needed. For student's papers and Internet work we have a good computer laboratory.
Our Mission statement is:
“To offer advanced theological education and training that assists the church in the development of Pentecostal leaders for service in the CIS, Baltics, and Central Asian Republics.”
What we believe
• The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
• There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
• In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
• In the blessed hope – the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming.
• The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
• Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
• In water baptism by immersion.
• The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
• The baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
• In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
• In the resurrection of both the saved and lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
The Seminary offers two degree programs: Master of Arts in Christian Studies and Master of Arts in Bible and Theology which enhances the professional level of students in the area of Pentecostal Theology, teaching and leadership skills.
The ultimate purpose of education in this program is the readiness of graduates to teach on a college level, organize new study programs, plant churches and involvement in local church ministry. Courses can be completed during a 2 year residency. Some classes are also offered at extension sites. To complete the programs: 20 completed courses are required for Master of Arts in Christian studies 24 completed courses are required for Master of Arts in Bible and Theology, for students with BA in Christian studies.