June 2011 edition of Evangelical Times
Evangelical Times is a monthly, conservative evangelical newspaper. It is published in a tabloid format and is based in Darlington, County Durham. It has a circulation of approximately 7000 copies each month. There is a Christmas edition which is purchased in larger quantities by churches and individuals to be given to friends and contacts.The June edition contains a list of evangelical 'Holiday Churches.' It is closely associated with Evangelical Press with which it shares an office. The current editor is Roger Fay, pastor of Zion Evangelical Baptist Church in Ripon.
It was founded in 1967 by Dr Peter Masters, currently minister at the Metropolitan Tabernacle, London.
The newspaper is composed of the following items:
- News items of particular interest to evangelical Christians
- Articles which are focused on: Church History, Theology or Mission
- Book Reviews
The website contains most of the content of past issues with a search facility.
- Reference to Evangelical Times as 'a British Monthly'
- Repeated references made to Evangelical Times as a source of conservative response to the 'Toronto Blessing'
- Christmas Edition
- 'Holiday Churches'
- David C Potter as an associate Editor
- Bob Horn leaves the Evangelical Times to start Evangelicals Now
- Reference to Bob Horn as Editor
- Reference to Edgar Andrews as editor