|Born||Nicole Evangeline Lilly
August 3, 1979
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
|Alma mater||University of British Columbia|
|Spouse(s)||Murray Hone (2003–2004)|
|Partner(s)||Dominic Monaghan (2004–2009)
Norman Kali (2010–present)
Nicole Evangeline Lilly (born August 3, 1979) is a Canadian actress who starred as Kate Austen in the ABC television drama Lost, from 2004 to 2010. She will be playing as Tauriel in the highly anticipated movies The Desolation of Smaug and There and Back Again from The Hobbit (film series) in 2013 and 2014.
Evangeline Lilly was born in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, and raised in small-town British Columbia in a Baptist family. Her father was an economics teacher and her mother was a beauty consultant. Lilly also has two sisters. She graduated from W. J. Mouat Secondary School in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Lilly previously served as a missionary in the Philippines and a flight attendant with Royal Airlines. She speaks French fluently. She attended the University of British Columbia and graduated with a degree in International Relations.
Lilly was previously married to Canadian hockey player Murray Hone. From 2004 to 2009, she dated Lost co-star Dominic Monaghan. She had her first child, a son named Kahekili (Hawaiian for "the thunder"), with boyfriend Norman Kali in Hawaii in May of 2011.
Lilly studied acting at The Yaletown Actors Lab.
She appeared on G4's Judgment Day and in an uncredited role in the 2003 film Freddy vs. Jason as a high-school girl leaning against a locker, and some appearances in one episode of Smallville as an extra. She had a guest appearance on the ABC supernatural horror series Kingdom Hospital (2004). Lilly's first speaking role was on Lost.
When cast as Kate Austen in Lost, her main concern was acquiring a work visa to enter the United States. With production literally days away and no news about the visa, casting directors were forced to grudgingly begin re-casting the role of Kate. After nearly 20 auditions, Lilly's work visa was approved.
On the heels of her role in Lost, she was voted one of the Breakout Stars of 2004 by Entertainment Weekly and on December 14, 2006, was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Lead Actress-Drama. Action figures of Lilly's Lost character were released during the holiday season of 2006. On May 11, 2010, Lilly announced on The View that she places writing and being a mother as top priorities, but she likes acting as a day job and she will continue acting when possible.
In October 2011, she appeared as Bailey Tallet in Real Steel, starring alongside Hugh Jackman. Despite having turned down a number of movie offers, she traveled to Los Angeles to acquire the part a few days after Shawn Levy, the director, sent her the script because of the emotional impact the story had on her. Levy cast her because, in his words, "She's magnificent to look at, she's soulful, and she's sexy with Hugh. I needed someone who you believed had grown up in a man's world. Bailey needed to have a strength and a toughness that was not at the expense of her being womanly." She has mentioned she is uninterested in acting in nude or overly sexual scenes.
In 2012, Lilly played the role of the Woodland Elf Tauriel in Peter Jackson's three-part adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, due for release in December 2012 and 2013 and currently in production in New Zealand. The character, which does not appear in the original book by Tolkien, was created by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh as the head of the Elven guard who, like Legolas (who also appears in the film), wields a bow and two daggers as weapons. Her character does not appear in the first film but is set to appear in the second. Lilly, who had been a fan of Tolkien's books since she was 13, underwent training for swordplay and archery, as well as in the Elvish language for the role.
|2003||Freddy vs. Jason||School Student||(uncredited)|
|2003||The Lizzie McGuire Movie||Police Officer|
|2003||Stealing Sinatra||Model in commercial|
|2005||The Long Weekend||Simone|
|2006||Just Yell Fire||Herself|
|2009||The Hurt Locker||Connie James||Gotham Award for Best Ensemble Cast
Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble
Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
|2011||Real Steel||Bailey Tallet|
|2013||The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug||Tauriel||Post-Production (Additional Filming 2013)|
|2014||The Hobbit: There and Back Again||Tauriel||Post-Production (Additional Filming 2013)|
|2010||Alliance of Women Film Journalists||The Hurt Locker||Won|
|2010||Denver Film Critics Society||The Hurt Locker||Nominated|
|2006||Michelle K Footwear||USA|
|2007–2008||Davidoff Coolwater Women||Europe|
|2009||Baume et Mercier|
- MacDonald, Gayle (September 11, 2005). "The blooming of Evangeline Lilly", The Globe and Mail. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Husband, Stuart (October 15, 2006). "I'm not just Lost property", The Mail on Sunday, p. 42.
- "INS News". I'M NOT JUST Lost PROPERTY; She May Be One of the Hottest Young Actresses in Hollywood, but Lost St... Retrieved October 16, 2006.
- Williams, Paul. "Evangeline Lilly", The Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Kilner, Lara (September 4, 2005). "Evangeline Lilly: Her real-life crash disasters", Sunday Mirror, p. 12.
- (September 10, 2008). "'Lost' star talks up movie at TIFF, recalls ill-fated stint as flight attendant", The Canadian Press. Reprinted in CTV News. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Evangeline Lilly speaking French during an interview
- Dondoneau, Dave; Ritz, Mary Kaye. Fire destroys home of 'Lost' actress Lilly, The Honolulu Advertiser, December 20, 2006. Accessed May 26, 2008.
- (April 16, 2011). "Lost beauty Evangeline Lilly stays mum on pregnancy rumours", News.com.au. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- "It's her biggest plot twist yet: Lost's Evangeline Lilly is heavily pregnant with her first child". Daily Mail. April 16, 2011
- First Look At Evangeline Lilly's Son Kahekili Kali!
- "It's Lost hours of sleep for Evangeline Lilly as she gives birth to a baby boy". Daily Mail. May 23, 2011
- "St. Mary's Academy News & Events: Freshman Video". Archived from the original on 2007-01-07. Retrieved 2006-09-09.
- Before They Were Lost (Documentary). Lost: The Complete First Season: Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
- Andrea Reiher (May 11, 2010). "'Lost's' Evangeline Lilly on 'The View': She lost the Sawyer letter when her house burned down". Zap2It. Retrieved June 1, 2010.
- "'Lost's' Evangeline Lilly writing books" azcentral.com. June 4, 2010
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! ABC. October 17, 2011
- Greenberger, Robert. "Real Steel Director Shawn Levy Enters the Ring". ComicMix. January 25, 2012
- "Evangeline Lilly Reveals Her Fears About Her ‘Hobbit’ Character". Access Hollywood. October 3, 2011
- "Evangeline Lilly on Her Hobbit Character Tauriel". ComingSoon.net. January 25, 2012
- "Actress Evangeline Lilly discusses taking on the role of Tauriel in The Hobbit". Hobbit Movie News. September 19, 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Evangeline Lilly|