From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up evangelist in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Evangelist can refer to:
- one of the Four Evangelists, the authors of the canonical Christian Gospels in the New Testament
- a Christian participant in evangelism, such as a minister who serves as an itinerant or special preacher, or a layperson who explains his or her beliefs to a non-Christian
- Evangelist (Latter Day Saints), an office in the ministry of certain denominations in the Latter Day Saint movement
- Evangelicalism, Christian theological view emphasizing personal conversion and the authority of the Bible.
- The Evangelists, a 1992 play by Romanian author Alina Mungiu-Pippidi
- The Evangelists (band), an Irish rock band
- The Three Evangelists, a 1995 award-winning novel by French author Fred Vargas
- Technology evangelist, a person who attempts to build a critical mass of support for a given technology
- Security evangelist, a person who focuses on computer security technology and or focuses on educating others about computer security technologies
- Evangelistas Islets at the west mouth of the Strait of Magellan
- The Evangelist, journal of Walter Scott (clergyman)
- Evangelist (Bach), the term for the tenor recitative part in oratorios and Passions of Johann Sebastian Bach that sings in recitative the words of the narrator of the Gospel excerpts included, for example, in the Christmas Oratorio, the St John Passion and the St Matthew Passion
- more generally Evangelist is the term used for the analogous part in works by other composers (e.g. Heinrich Schütz's Weinachtshistorie, Matthäuspassion, Lukaspassion, Johannespassion)
- Der Evangelimann, singspiel by Wilhem Kienzl
- The Evangelist (Robert Forster album)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.