|Full name||Evangelos Oikonomou|
|Date of birth||18 July 1987|
|Place of birth||Corinth, Greece|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Left Back|
|Current club||Ross County|
|2006||→ Thyella Patras (loan)||8||(1)|
|2006–2007||→ Agios Dimitrios (loan)||30||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 March 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Economou began his professional career by joining Ionikos in January 2005. During his time with Ionikos he also played for Thyella Patras and Agios Dimitrios on loan. After his loan spell, Ikonomou played his first match of the season, providing assist by winning a penalty, allowing Oliver Makor to convert, in a 2-1 win over Ethnikos Piraeus. At Ionikos, He soon became a first team regular. During the season, Ikonomou was sent off twice; The first was in a game against Giannina for receiving a second yellow card and the second was for receiving a straight red card.
In the summer transfer window, Ikonomou then signed for Kavala on a fee of €250K. He made his debut, making his first start and playing 90 minutes, in a 1-0 win over Levadiakos. He since established himself in the first team at Kavala. During the season, Ikonomou was sent off twice, like last season at Ionikos; The first was in a game against Aris for Mass confrontation in a 0-0 draw and the second was against Panionios for receiving a second yellow card on the final games of the season. However, the next season, Ikonomou playing time was soon reduced, with lack of first team opportunities and only made four appearance.
Because of the Kavala's involvement in the match-fixing scandal, Ikonomou was given a free transfer and joined Atromitos on a two-year deal with the club. He made his debut for the club, coming on as a substitute for goalscorer Stelios Sfakianakis, in a 1-0 win over AEK Athens. Months on, his playing time was soon reduced, like at Kavala, with lack of first team opportunities. But later on the season, his first team was soon progressed. Soon on 18 March 2012, Ikonomou scored his first goal for the club, in a 2-2 draw against Levadiakos. He also played in the Greek Cup Final, in a 2-1 loss against Greek Champions Olympiacos, having previously played against them on the final game of the season in the league. The next season, Ikonomou made no appearance for the club throughout the first half of the season and was given a free transfer by the club.
He signed for Scottish Premier League club Ross County in January 2013. After joining the club, Ikonomou revealed that countryman Georgios Samaras played the role of joining Ross County. Ikonomou made his debut for the club, playing in the left-back, in a 2-2 draw against Hearts. He since established himself in the left-back position in defence. In a 3-2 win over Celtic, Ikonomou provided assist for Steffen Wohlfarth, who scored a winning goal in a 90th minutes. In a 4-2 loss against Heart of Midlothian, He scored an own-goal, to put Hearts in the lead. At the end of the season, Iknonomou left the club after manager Derek Adams gave up re-signing Iknonomou for another season.
- Greek Cup: Runners up 2011-12
- His last name is sometimes also transliterated as Economou or Oikonomou.
- "Ποδοσφαιριστής της ΒΕΡΟΙΑΣ ο Ευάγγελος Οικονόμου". Veriafc.gr. Retrieved 2013-08-23.
- "Β Εθνική / ΙΩΝΙΚΟΣ ΑΟ ΠΑΕ / ΟΙΚΟΝΟΜΟΥ ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΟΣ" (in Greek). Hellenic League. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Spinasas, Ilias (10 January 2006). "Δανεικός ο Οικονόμου (Oikonomou loaned out)" (in Greek). NOVA Sport FM 94.6.
- "On loan Storm Patron Economou of Ionic" [Δανεικός στη Θύελλα Πατρών ο Οικονόμου του Ιωνικού] (in Greek). Contra.gr. 10 January 2006. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- ""See" Economou and John the PAS" ["Βλέπει" Οικονόμου και Γιάννου ο ΠΑΣ] (in Greek). PAS Sports.gr. 23 August 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "O Korinthios Vangelis Economou Atromitos" [O Kορίνθιος Βαγγέλης Οικονόμου στον Ατρόμητο] (in Greek). Loutrakiblog. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Looks Economou" [Κοιτάζει Οικονόμου] (in Greek). Sentra Goal. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Ross County sign up defender Evangelos Ikonomou". BBC Sport. BBC. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Ross County new boy Evangelos Ikonomou gets glowing report from Greek pal Georgios Samaras". Daily Record. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Ross County 3 Celtic 2: Wohlfarth's strike sees County complete stunning comeback". Daily Record. 9 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Hearts 4 Ross County 2: Locke's men refuse to go quietly as they exit on to lesser stage". Herald Scotland. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "County go for Dutch of class". The Scottish Sun. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Απέκτησε τον Βαγγέλη Οικονόμου η Βέροια". Ο Πληροφοριοδότης. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 23August 2013.
- "Triple Signing". rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.