Evelin Ilves (née Int, previously Int-Lambot; born 20 April 1968 in Tallinn) is an Estonian businesswoman and the current First Lady of Estonia, married to Toomas Hendrik Ilves, the current President of Estonia. She is also president of the Estonian Rollerskating Federation, being a roller skating hobbyist.
Ilves grew up in Tallinn and graduated from Saku Gymnasium in 1986. In 1993 she received a bachelor's degree in medicine from Tartu University. In 2004 she married her longtime partner Toomas Hendrik Ilves with whom she has one daughter Kadri Keiu (born 2003). In 2005 she began a business project of developing a guesthouse in Ärma farm, located in Abja Parish, that has belonged to her husband's ancestors since the 18th century.
In her professional life, Ilves has worked in advertising and public relations; she was marketing director of the newspaper Eesti Päevaleht from 1996 to 2001. From 2001 to 2002, she worked for Enterprise Estonia, leading the Brand Estonia project which developed the widely used slogan and logo Welcome to Estonia.
As First Lady, Ilves has championed a number of initiatives supporting children, health, and the advancement of women. She has taken part in state visits abroad, such as to Sweden in January 2011.
On 22 August 2014, footage of Mrs. Ilves apparently carousing with a younger male at a well-known open roofed cafe in Tallinn appeared in the Estonian media. The couple appeared to embrace and kiss. Mrs. Ilves later responded on her own Facebook page, requesting forgiveness from those she had hurt.
Two days later it was reported that Mrs. Ilves had left Estonia for Germany with her daughter.
Some days later Mrs. Ilves' consort was named as one Vincent Aranega, allegedly a French national.
Mrs. Ilves has subsequently returned to public duties, and was present at the official visit of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, in addition to appearing on the front cover of the November edition of the Estonian edition of Hello magazine.
- Belgium: Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown (Belgium) (06/2008)
- Latvia: Commander Grand Cross (1st class) of the Order of the Three Stars
- Spain: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic
- Sweden: Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Polar Star (01/2011)
- Eesti Rulluisuliit
- Eesti brändiks on “Welcome to Estonia” ja “Paremaks muutumise maa”, Eesti Päevaleht, 26 April 2002
- "Tabloid's First Lady Video Causes Media Scandal". Eesti Rahvusringhääling. 22 August 2014.
- Facebook: Evelin Ilves
- "Suhtekorraldusspetsialist: Evelin Ilvese vabandus Facebookis oli ainuõige samm". Postimees.
- "PÕGENEV ESILEEDI?! Evelin Ilves sõitis pärast skandaalset võõra mehega suudlemist välismaale". Õhtuleht.
- "Evelin Ilves ja Vincent Aranega päev peale Kroonika ilmumist Tallinna sadamas?". Postimees.
- "Evelin Ilves kandis Türgi presidendipaari vastu võttes vana pruuni kleiti ja mantlit. Mida arvanuks etiketidaam Maaja Kallast?". Postimees.
- "GALLERY: Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden Visit Estonia". ERR.
- "Evelin Ilves uue ajakirja Hello! kaanel: 9 lehekülge artiklit, 10 lauset eksklusiivi!". Delfi.
- Belga Pictures, State visit of Belgium in Estonia, 10–12 June 2008
- "Noblesse et Royautes" (French), State visit of Spain in Estonia, May 2009
- "Noblesse et Royautés", State visit of Estonia in Sweden
- Mrs. Evelin Ilves' page on official Website of the President of the Republic of Estonia.
- Media related to Evelin Ilves at Wikimedia Commons
|First Lady of Estonia