Evelin Ilves (née Int, previously Int-Lambot; born 20 April 1968 in Tallinn) is an Estonian businesswoman and the current First Lady of Estonia, married to Toomas Hendrik Ilves, the current President of Estonia. She is also president of the Estonian Rollerskating Federation, being a roller skating hobbyist.
In her professional life, Ilves has worked in advertising and public relations; she was marketing director of the newspaper Eesti Päevaleht from 1996 to 2001. From 2001 to 2002, she worked for Enterprise Estonia, leading the Brand Estonia project which developed the widely used slogan and logo Welcome to Estonia.
As First Lady, Ilves has championed a number of initiatives supporting children, health, and the advancement of women. She has taken part in state visits abroad, such as to Sweden in January 2011.
Ilves grew up in Tallinn and graduated from Saku Gymnasium in 1986. In 1993 she received a bachelors degree in medicine from Tartu University. In 2004 she married her longtime partner Toomas Hendrik Ilves with whom she has one daughter Kadri Keiu (born 2003). In 2005 she began a business project of developing a guesthouse in Ärma farm, located in Abja Parish, that has belonged to her husband's ancestors since the 18th century.
- Belgium: Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown (Belgium) (06/2008)
- Latvia : Commander Grand Cross (1st class) of the Order of the Three Stars
- Spain : Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic
- Sweden: Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Polar Star (01/2011)
- Eesti Rulluisuliit
- Eesti brändiks on “Welcome to Estonia” ja “Paremaks muutumise maa”, Eesti Päevaleht, 26 April 2002
- Belga Pictures, State visit of Belgium in Estonia, 10–12 June 2008
- "Noblesse et Royautes" (French), State visit of Spain in Estonia, May 2009
- "Noblesse et Royautés", State visit of Estonia in Sweden
- Mrs. Evelin Ilves' page on official Website of the President of the Republic of Estonia.
- Media related to Evelin Ilves at Wikimedia Commons
|First Lady of Estonia