|VTA light rail station|
Entrance to station seen from across East Evelyn Avenue, September 16, 2012
|Location||Evelyn Avenue at Pioneer Way
Mountain View, California
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||December 20, 1999|
|Closed||March 16, 2015|
Evelyn Light Rail Station was a station on the Mountain View–Winchester Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) Light Rail Line. It closed on March 16, 2015, and is scheduled to be demolished to make room for a second track along the Mountain View–Winchester line.
The station platform is on the single-track section east of the Downtown Mountain View light rail station. It was accessed via a pedestrian tunnel from Evelyn Avenue at the intersection with Pioneer Way.
Platforms and tracks
|VTA||■Mountain View–Winchester||toward Mountain View (Terminus)|
|■Mountain View–Winchester||toward Winchester (Whisman)|
|Caltrain||■Caltrain mainline||No stops|
Santa Clara VTA decided in August 2014 to close and remove Evelyn station early in 2015. As part of the Light Rail Efficiency Project, a second track will be added between Mountain View Station and Whisman Station, and leaving Evelyn in place would require narrowing Central Expressway and Evelyn Avenue to accommodate the track. According to VTA, the station was the second least-utilized station on the Light Rail system. The park and ride lot across the street from the station is to remain open.
- Winston, Ethan (March 5, 2015). "Permanent Evelyn Station Closure Begins March 16" (Press release). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- Daniel DeBolt, "VTA pulls plug on Evelyn station", Mountain View Voice, August 15, 2014.
- Media related to Evelyn (VTA) at Wikimedia Commons
- Park & Ride Lots - Evelyn Light Rail Station at VTA
- Map and details of planned closure and removal
|This Santa Clara County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|