Evelyn Evelyn are a musical duo formed by Amanda Palmer (of The Dresden Dolls) and Jason Webley. According to the fictional backstory described by Palmer and Webley, the duo consists of conjoined twin sisters (aka "Eva" and "Lyn"), Evelyn and Evelyn Neville, who were discovered in 2007 by Palmer and Webley. The twins are actually portrayed by Palmer and Webley, dressed in connected garments.
Some disability-rights advocates have questioned whether Evelyn Evelyn plays into stereotypes regarding disability.
Evelyn Evelyn performing live
In 2007, the band released a 3-song, colored 7" vinyl, along with a 6-track CD titled Elephant Elephant, which was released in a limited edition of 1,111 copies on Jason's label (11 records); it quickly sold out. The package also contains Amanda and Jason's story of how they met the Evelyns, as well as the process of recording the vinyl, and a sticker of the two-headed elephant, Bimba & Kimba.
A full-length album, Evelyn Evelyn was released March 30, 2010, followed by a worldwide tour.
- ^ The Musical Chairs – Evelyn Evelyn, TheMusicalChairs.com, January 2010.
- ^ Ladies and Gentlemen! Critics and hipsters! We are proud to introduce “Evelyn Evelyn” – the world's only conjoined-twin singer-songwriter duo. MVRemix Rock, February 2010.
- ^ Evelyn Evelyn to release self-titled
- ^ Critics And hipsters! We Are Proud To Introduce 'Evelyn Evelyn'
- ^ Amanda Palmer Freaks Out With Evelyn Evelyn, Wired.com, 2010.
- ^ Longhi, Jon (May 21, 2010), "Conjoined Twins" Evelyn Evelyn Roll Into Town Amid Controversy, NBC Bay Area.
- ^ Pemberton, Pat (February 25, 2010), Amanda Palmer Responds to Criticism of Conjoined Twin Concept Album, Spinner.
- ^ Jason Webley Events
External links