From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Evening star)
Evening star may refer to:
|Look up evening star in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- The planet Venus when it appears in the west (evening sky) after sunset
- The ancient Greeks gave it the name Hesperus
- Less commonly, the planet Mercury when it appears in the west (evening sky) after sunset
- Oenothera biennis, a medicinal plant
- Mentzelia pumila (Velcro Stickleaf) and other species of Mentzelia
- Luceafărul ("The Evening Star"), a poem by Mihai Eminescu
- "Evening Star", a poem by Edgar Allan Poe
- "Abendstern" ("Evening Star"), a poem by Johann Mayrhofer
- The Evening Star (Ipswich), a daily newspaper in Ipswich, England, published since 1885
- The Evening Star (Dunedin), a daily newspaper published in Dunedin, New Zealand, from 1863 – 1979
- The Evening Star, former name of The Star in Auburn, Indiana, United States
- The Evening and the Morning Star (1832–1834), the first newspaper of the Latter Day Saint movement
- The Washington Evening Star, a daily afternoon newspaper published in Washington, D.C. from 1852 to 1981
- The Evening Star, a newspaper published in the 1800s in what is now Rensselaer, NY
- Evening Star (video game), a 1987 train simulator
- Evening Star (album), by Robert Fripp and Brian Eno
- The Evening Star, a sequel to the film Terms of Endearment
- "Evening Star", a noted extract from Richard Wagner's opera Tannhäuser
- "Evening Star" (Judas Priest song), from their 1978 album Killing Machine
- "Evening Star", a song by power metal band Dragonforce, from their album Valley of the Damned
- "Evening Star", a song by alternative country band Blitzen Trapper, from their album Destroyer of the Void
- "Evening Star", a song by Roy Harper, from the 1992 album Death or Glory? (album)
- Arwen, an elf-maiden in J.R.R. Tolkien's writings is also referred to as "Undomiel", elvish for "Evenstar"
- BR 92220 Evening Star, the last steam locomotive to be built by British Railways
- Exercise Evening Star, the annual demonstration of emergency response to a submarine nuclear accident at Faslane, HMNB Clyde, Argyll, Scotland
- Evening Star (pub) in Brighton, England
- Evening star (candlestick pattern), formation in financial candlestick chart.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.