Everett High School (Michigan)
|Everett High School|
|3900 Stabler St.
|School district||Lansing School District|
|Asst. Principal||Ella Dickinson
|Grades||7 to 12|
|Color(s)||Red, White and Light Blue
|Athletics conference||MHSAA, Class A
Capital Area Activities Conference
|Website||Everett High School Website|
The school can trace its roots to Everett Elementary School opened in 1923. A high school was added to the elementary school in 1934, with the first class graduating in 1937. In 1949, the area where Everett was located was annexed by the city of Lansing, and by 1950, the school was incorporated into the Lansing School District. The current school building opened in the fall of 1959. With this new building the school became exclusively a high school.
Everett currently has a student-teacher ration of 22-1. The state average is 18-1.
Everett's sports teams are known as the Vikings, known for their rivalry with the Big Reds of JW Sexton High School, and were Class A State Champions in Boys Basketball in 2004. Retrieved on 26 November 2008. Also back-to-back Class A State Champions in 2001, 2000 and Class A State Runners-up in 1999 in Girls Basketball. Everett is also known for its large and successful Quiz Bowl program; the 2009-2010 team was the CAAC Blue conference co-champion (with Okemos High School) and competed in the state tournament. The Quiz Bowl team also won the championship competition for the 2011-2012 season.
Everett's most famous alumnus is Earvin "Magic" Johnson, former Michigan State and LA Lakers basketball player, who graduated from Everett in 1977. Other well-known athletes from Everett are the twin brothers Carl Thomas and Charles Thomas both former Eastern Michigan University and NBA basketball players as well as Bosnian-born former Michigan State basketball player Goran Suton who now plays basketball in Russia. Additionally Johnson and Suton both played on an Everett team that won the Michigan High School Basketball championship (1977 and 2004, respectively) and also played in college's NCAA Championship (1979 and 2009 respectively).
- Bruce Fields, former MLB player (Detroit Tigers, Seattle Mariners)
- Magic Johnson, former Los Angeles Lakers player and Hall of Famer
- Bruce Look, former MLB player (Minnesota Twins)
- Dean Look, former MLB player (Chicago White Sox)
- Goran Suton, former NBA player for the Utah Jazz
- Carl Thomas, former NBA player (Golden State Warriors)
- Charles Thomas, former NBA player (Detroit Pistons)
- Carol Hutchins, Michigan Wolverines softball coach
-  Retrieved on 28 September 2010.
- . National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved on 28 September 2010.
- "Everett High School - Student/Teacher ratio". greatschools.org. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- BOYS BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 1925-2008
- Yearly Champions | Girls Basketball | MHSAA Sports
-  Retrieved on 5 June 2010