Everett Phipps Babcock
Babcock worked with Ambrose J. Russell (1857–1938) in Tacoma, Washington on "distinguished residences in various styles". The firm completed the Washington Governor's Mansion in Olympia, Washington. Their work also included the Colonial Revival William Ross Rust House for W.R. Rust (William Ross Rust, then President of the Tacoma Smelter and Refining) in Tacoma, Washington and the George Gower House (1906).
Babcock also worked in Wallace Neff's office in California. While there he designed the Singer Building (Pasadena, California), built for the Singer Sewing Company in Pasadena in 1926, and later listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
Babock also built his own residence, a French-Normandy style manor, in 1926. The entry includes a tower staircase and Batchelder tile risers, and there are arched doorways, a formal dining room, butler's pantry, dormer windows, and fireplaces in the living room and masterbedroom. The four bedroom four bathroom house has 4,690 square feet (436 m2), and was owned by Rob Schneider until being put up for sale in 2009.
Babcock was the architect for the residence of Mrs. Col. Herman Hall in Sierra Madre, California. Babcock also designed the Casa Torre Garden Court at 611-627 East California Boulevard in Pasadena, a two story L-shaped Spanish Revival style apartment building that is included in An architectural guidebook to Los Ángeles by David Gebhard and Robert Winter He was also an architect for William Jarvis Earl's estate in La Canada.
- Morris Newman. In La Cañada Flintridge, architects bring an artful restoration to a Spanish Colonial by the overlooked Everett Babcock. Los Angeles Times, July 10, 2008. Accessed December 12, 2009
- Lawrence Kreisman, Glenn Mason The arts and crafts movement in the Pacific Northwest page 137
- Virginia McAlester, Arcie Lee McAlester [A field guide to America's historic neighborhoods and museum houses]: the western states Edition illustrated Alfred A. Knopf, 1998 Original from the University of Michigan Digitized Dec 20, 2007 ISBN 0-679-42569-1, ISBN 978-0-679-42569-4 735 pages
- Patrick Conyers, Cedar Phillips [Pasadena 1940-2008] page 106 Images of America Pasadena Museum of History Edition illustrated Publisher Arcadia Publishing, 2009 ISBN 0-7385-6907-0, ISBN 978-0-7385-6907-9 127 pages
- Wallace Neff, 1895-1982: the romance of regional architecture Political Science - 1989 - 143 pages
- Pasadena 1940-2008 By Patrick Conyers, Cedar Phillips, Pasadena Museum of History
- Lauren Beale [Deuce is dealing again] Hot property page E1, E6 December 12, 2009 Los Angeles Times
- Item notes: v. 38 - 1930 - Architecture
- David Gebhard, Robert Winter An architectural guidebook to Los Ángeles page 420
- S. F. Cook, Tina Skinner [Spanish revival architecture] Edition illustrated Schiffer, 2005 Original from the University of Michigan Digitized Nov 25, 2009 ISBN 0-7643-2309-1, ISBN 978-0-7643-2309-6 240 pages
- Winifred Starr Dobyns  California gardens The Macmillan Company, 1931 Original from Cornell University Digitized Jun 25, 2009 20 pages
- "The wedding of Everett Phipps Babcock and Bliss Clara l%iae Delano took place last evening at the residence of the bride s father. ..." [HM Harriman to Wed Mrs. Hall.] Jun 16, 1908 New York Times
- Architect dies in operation, Los Angeles Times, p. A10, May 17, 1928