Location of Evergreen, Montana
|• Total||8.1 sq mi (20.9 km2)|
|• Land||8.0 sq mi (20.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||2,923 ft (891 m)|
|• Density||775.7/sq mi (299.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0783257|
Evergreen is located at .(48.228746, -114.273928)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 8.1 square miles (21 km2), of which, 8.0 square miles (21 km2) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) of it (0.50%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,215 people, 2,414 households, and 1,694 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 775.7 people per square mile (299.6/km²). There were 2,532 housing units at an average density of 316.0 per square mile (122.0/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 94.82% White, 0.24% African American, 2.01% Native American, 0.37% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.76% from other races, and 1.75% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.87% of the population.
There were 2,414 households out of which 35.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.5% were married couples living together, 11.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.8% were non-families. 23.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 28.0% under the age of 18, 8.5% from 18 to 24, 30.4% from 25 to 44, 22.9% from 45 to 64, and 10.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 99.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $29,451, and the median income for a family was $35,346. Males had a median income of $30,467 versus $19,292 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $14,277. About 12.3% of families and 14.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.7% of those under age 18 and 7.9% of those age 65 or over.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (October 2009)|
- Flathead Beacon
- Daily Inter Lake
- KERR 750, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KJJR 880, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KOFI 1180, KOFI, Inc.
- KSAM 1240, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KQJZ 1340, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KUKL-FM 90.1, University of Montana-Missoula
- KQRK 92.3, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KHNK 95.9, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KALS 97.1, Kalispell Christian Radio Fellowship
- KBBZ 98.5, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KKMT 99.7, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KIBG 100.7, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KXZI-LP 101.9, Scott Johnston
- KANB-LP 102.3, Flathead Adventist Radio
- KRVO 103.1, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KQJZ 103.5, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KZMN 103.9, KOFI, Inc.
- KWOL-FM 105.1, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KDBR 106.3, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KCFW (NBC), Channel 9
- KAJJ-CD (CBS), Channel 39
- K26DD-D (TBN), Channel 26
- K29AA-D (PBS), Channel 29
- KEXI-LD (PBS), Channel 35
- KCFW-DT (NBC), Channel 38
- KTMF-LD (ABC), Channel 42
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.