Evergreen (Westlife song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Promotional single by Westlife from the album World of Our Own and World of Our Own EP|
|Released||2 September 2001|
Olympic Studios, London,
A Side Productions' Studios, Stockholm
|Writer||Jörgen Elofsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger|
|Producer||Per Magnusson & David Kreuger|
"Evergreen" is a song recorded by Irish boy band Westlife. It was co-written by Jörgen Elofsson, Per Magnusson and David Kreuger, and originally recorded by Westlife. The song appears on their third studio album World of Our Own, and was released as a single only in the Philippines, where it reached number three.
- "Evergreen" - 4:07
- "World Of Our Own" (Single Remix) - 3:28
- "Angel" (Single Remix) - 4:22
- "Evergreen" (Radio Cut) - 3:39
Credits and personnel
- Written by Jörgen Elofsson, Per Magnusson and David Kreuger
- Published by BMG Music Publishing / Good Ear Music / Peer Music / Warner-Chappell Music
- Produced and arranged by Per Magnusson and David Kreuger for A Side Productions
- Co-produced by Jörgen Elofsson
- Stockholm Session Orchestra arranged and conducted by Ulf and Henrik Janson
- Recorded at Olympic Studios, London, and A Side Productions' Studios, Stockholm
- Engineered by Peter Lewis
- Assistant engineering by Tim Roe
- Orchestra recorded at R.O.A.M. Studios, Stockholm
- Orchestra engineered by Fredrik Andersson
- Mixed by Bernard Löhr at Olympic Studios, London, and Mono Studios, Stockholm
- Keyboards by Per Magnusson
- Programming by David Kreuger
- Guitars by Esbjörn Öhrwall
- Bass by Tomas Lindberg
- Backing vocals by Anders von Hofsten, Jeanette Olsson and United Colours of Sound
- Mastered by Richard Dowling at Transfermation
Will Young version
|""Anything Is Possible" / "Evergreen""|
|Single by Will Young|
|from the album From Now On|
|Released||25 February 2002|
|Writer(s)||Jörgen Elofsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger|
|Producer(s)||Per Magnusson, David Kreuger|
|Certification||3x Platinum (UK)|
|Will Young singles chronology|
In 2002, the song was chosen to be the winner's single for the first series of Pop Idol and was recorded by the three finalists: Will Young, Gareth Gates and Darius Danesh. During the final, the song was performed by both Young and Gates. Young went on to win the show, and released "Evergreen" as a double A-side single, along with "Anything Is Possible", which was also recorded by the final three and performed by the final two.
The single went straight to the number one spot in the UK Singles Chart and stayed there for three consecutive weeks, only to be knocked off the top spot by Gates' debut single, "Unchained Melody". It became the fastest-selling debut in UK chart history, selling 403,027 copies on its day of release and over a million copies by the end of the week. It went on to sell over 1.7 million copies and in the official list of the all-time best-selling singles in the UK issued later that year, it appeared 14th.
It was announced as the best-selling single of the 2000s in the United Kingdom as well as in the 21st century so far, having sold 1.8 million copies in total.
- "Anything Is Possible"
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||1|
"World of Our Own" by Westlife
|UK number-one single
3 March 2002 - 17 March 2002
"Unchained Melody" by Gareth Gates
- World of Our Own (song)
- "UK's million-selling singles: the full list". The Guardian. 4 November 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "The Official Top 150 Biggest Selling Singles Of the 21st Century revealed!". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Irish Singles Chart - Will Young - Evergreen". IRMA. Retrieved 3 March 2014.