Evergreen High School (Vancouver, Washington)
|Evergreen High School|
|14300 NE 18th Street
Vancouver, Washington, United States
|School district||Evergreen Public School District|
|Number of students||~2,200|
Evergreen High School is a public high school located in Vancouver, Washington. It was founded shortly after the district was formed in 1945. Evergreen was the first high school in the Evergreen Public Schools.
Evergreen High School is located on a large parcel of land that it shares with Cascade Middle School, Legacy High School (an alternative education facility), Burton Elementary School, McKenzie Stadium, and the school district warehouse and bus barn. Evergreen was originally built at the corner of 18th Street and 137th Avenue. When the current building was constructed in the 1970s on the east side of the parcel, Cascade Junior High (now Middle School) was opened in the original building. The aging, original building was demolished in the summer of 2004 after the completion of Cascade's new abutting campus to the north. The original site is now a multi-use sports field.
Evergreen Marching Band
Evergreen Theatre Department
Evergreen's theatre department has become successful under the direction of Stephanie Kerns McCrea (director 2007–present). Their fall productions frequently enhance the study of novels/plays throughout the district and such productions include Romeo and Juliet, The Outsiders  and Brave New World. Their productions have been featured in the newspapers The Columbian and The Oregonian. The Theatre Department, under McCrea, has also been recognized for its embracing of diversity amongst its students. Their 2011 production of "Night of the Living Dead" received accolades for featuring a deaf student in a major role as well as providing performances that were 100% interpreted by EHS students for the deaf community. In addition, their musical theatre productions are garnering attention and prestige. The theatre department  has been recognized by the prestigious 5th Avenue Theatre Awards, for their 2011 production of "Little Shop of Horrors." (Outstanding Direction, Outstanding Choreography, Outstanding Music Direction, Outstanding Performance by a Chorus, Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Group, Outstanding Lighting Design, Outstanding Orchestra, Outstanding Actor in a Leading Role, Outstanding Actor in a Supporting Role, Outstanding Achievement by a Student in Technical Theatre).
Evergreen High School choir is directed by Mr. Michael Day. Their advanced choirs; Chamber choir, Advanced Women's choir, and Concert choir all went to Anaheim, California all won third place in their categories.
Evergreen offers ASL, French, German and Spanish. The language teachers were applied for, and received a literacy grant from the district focusing on proficiency grading and literature analysis. They will be presenting their results at the 2012 COFLT/WAFLT language conference in Vancouver October 12–13, 2012.
Evergreen competes in, 4A, the largest division in the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA). They are a member of the Greater St. Helens 4A league.
In 2004, EHS football team became the first 4A team from the Southwest Washington District IV to make a state championship game. After falling behind early 14-0 to Skyline Spartans, the Plainsmen rallied to win the game. Running back Taylor Rank stood out for the Plainsmen, carrying the ball 28 times for 211 yards and three touchdowns. Rank played football at the University of South Carolina until graduation in 2009.  Currently in 2013, they have a young group of cross country and track runners that have improved greatly.
- Boys Basketball: 1995
- Boys Wrestling: 1997
- Football: 2004
- Boys Soccer: 1999
- Boys Wrestling: 1998
- Shalon Baker - Former Canadian Football League and Arena Football League player
- Brandon Cantu - Two-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner
- Bobby Cowan - Played football for the University of Idaho Vandals and currently playing for the Oakland Raiders
- Randy Myers - Former Baseball player (New York Mets, Cincinnati Reds, and other teams)
- Greg Peach - Current Canadian Football League player of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Brianna Stewart - Drew nationwide attention as an adult masquerading as a high school student
- Willie Walden - Played football for the Oregon Ducks and Montana Grizzlies He recently became the Full Contact Fighting Federation(MMA) Heavyweight Champion 
- Scott Ryan - Candidate for the Arizona House of Representatives for District 18. Starred on an episode of Designer Finals.
- "Donations for Evergreen High School's marching band trip to the Obama inauguration". Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "The outsiders oregonian". The Oregonian. 2009-11-23.
- "Taylor rank player profile". Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "MLB 2009 Draft: OSU Recruit Kyrell Hudson goes in third round". The Oregonian. 2009-06-09. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- Washington Interscholastic Athletics Association. Tournament History: Championship Information.
- "Willie Walden Athletic Career". Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Willie Walden Profile". Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Full Contact Fighting Federation Rumble at the Roseland 47 Results". Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- Evergreen High School website
- GSHL Football - Evergreen High School
- Marching Band webpage
- Theatre Webpage