|Years active||1999 – present|
|Labels||Metal Blade, Mind Over Matter, Eulogy, Indianola, Rise, Hand of Hope|
|Associated acts||Casey Jones, Stick to Your Guns, Me and Mark, Rifles at Recess, Love is Red|
|Past members||Kyle "Butters" Mims
Joshua "Woody" Willis
Christopher "Panama" Brown
Evergreen Terrace is a five-piece melodic hardcore/metalcore band from Jacksonville, Florida. Formed in 1999, they are named after the street inhabited by The Simpsons. The band's sixth studio album Dead Horses was released on December 10, 2013 via Rise Records.
Formed in 1999 by Josh James (guitar), Andrew Carey (vocals), Josh "Woody" Willis (guitar), Josh Smith (bass) and Christopher Brown (drums), the band released one Demo-EP and a Split-EP together with 'Cordelle' within the first year of being a band. Within 8 months of the beginning of the band Woody and Josh Smith were replaced by Craig Chaney (guitar/vocals) and Jason Southwell (bass). In 2001 their debut-album Losing All Hope Is Freedom was released via Indianola Records on July 31. Under the same label they released a Split-EP together with xOne Fifthx, on May 20, 2002 titled xOne Fifthx vs. Evergreen Terrace. Shortly after the release of the split Josh James (guitar) joined xOne Fifthx and continued playing with Evergreen Terrace.
Later in 2002 they signed with Eulogy Recordings and released their second studio-album Burned Alive by Time on November 26. After a number of long tours they released a cover-album titled Writer's Block in February 2004. The album includes songs from bands like U2, Smashing Pumpkins, and Tears for Fears. In July they released At Our Worst which contained live performances, as well as B-Sides from Burned Alive by Time and the 4 tracks from the self released Demo-EP. At Our Worst was released on Hand of Hope Records, a label started by drummer Chris Brown and Eulogy owner John Wylie. 2004 was also the year the band started touring outside of USA and Canada.
In 2005 they released a live-DVD called Hotter! Wetter! Stickier! Funner!. The same year they released their third studio-album entitled Sincerity Is an Easy Disguise in This Business on June 21. Shortly after, drummer Christopher Brown left the band and replaced by Kyle Mims. The next few years were spent touring non-stop, world wide. Including tours with As I Lay Dying, Rise Against, Hatebreed and more.
In February 2007 they signed under High Impact Recordings a Metal Blade Records-sub label founded by As I Lay Dying vocalist Tim Lambesis. Later on July 24, their fourth album Wolfbiker was released. They attended Warped Tour 2008.
In 2008 the band released Blowing Chunks which contained two unreleased songs from the Wolfbiker studio sessions. It is available on 7" vinyl and digital download only.
On September 25, 2009 they released their fifth album Almost Home, featuring guest vocals from Tim Lambesis on the track God Rocky, Is This Your Face?. In December 2009 they went on their Almost Homeless tour together with For the Fallen Dreams and Asking Alexandria. For 2010 the band is mostly on tour. In March the band released a cover song track titled "Everlong" from the band Foo Fighters. In May they went on their 'Cheer Up Emu Kid' tour in Australia, together with Josh's side project Casey Jones and Dropsaw. In summer they were also playing with other bands like Caliban, Death Before Dishonor and As I Lay Dying on With Full Force in Germany.
Summer 2011 found Evergreen Terrace on tour with Bury Your Dead, For the Fallen Dreams, and several other bands.
In the fall of 2012, the band announced via their Facebook page that Josh James has left Evergreen Terrace to play full time with Stick To Your Guns, ex-bassist Jason Southwell has rejoined the band, and that they have split with Metal Blade Records. They recently signed a label deal with Rise Records. On October 22, 2013 the band announced over Facebook, that their sixth record, titled Dead Horses, will be released under Rise Records on December 10, 2013.
Brad Moxey was seriously injured on February 8th 2015 causing the band to cancel their upcoming tour. He is going through rehab for the time being. The band is currently searching for a replacement drummer.
- Andrew "Drew" Carey – vocals (1999–current)
- Craig Chaney – guitar, clean vocals (2000–current)
- Jason Southwell – bass (1999–2009, 2012–current)
- Alex Varian – guitar, backing clean vocals (2012–current), bass (2010–2012)
- Brad Moxey – drums (2013–current)
- Joshua "Woody" Willis – guitar (1999–2000)
- Joshua Smith – bass (1999–2000) (Casey Jones)
- Christopher "Panama" Brown – drums (1999–2005)
- Kyle "Butters" Mims – drums (2005–2010) (ex-Love Is Red)
- Josh James – guitar, backing vocals (1999–2012) (Casey Jones, Stick to Your Guns, Me And Mark)
- Caleb James – drums (2010–2013) (Casey Jones)
- Losing All Hope Is Freedom (July 31, 2001)
- Burned Alive by Time (November 26, 2002)
- Sincerity Is an Easy Disguise in This Business (June 21, 2005)
- Wolfbiker (July 24, 2007)
- Almost Home (September 29, 2009)
- Dead Horses (December 10, 2013)
EPs, Compilations, and Singles
- xOne Fifthx vs. Evergreen Terrace – EP (May 20, 2002)
- Writer's Block – Cover Album (February 17, 2004)
- At Our Worst – B-Sides & Live (July 13, 2004)
- Blowing Chunks – 7" Single (June 28, 2008)
- Everlong – Single (March 16, 2010)
- Dead Horses - I Want To Conquer The World (2013)
- "New Friend Request" (2005)
- "Chaney Can’t Quite Riff Like Helmet's Page Hamilton" (2007)
- "Sending Signals" (2010)
- "Enemy Sex" (2010)
- "Mario Speedwagon" (2010)
- "Dead Horses" (2014)
|Date of Release||Title||label|
|January 4, 2005||Hotter! Wetter! Stickier! Funner!||Eulogy Recordings|