Everton is an unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Fayette County, Indiana.
Everton was laid out as a town prior to 1836, but because the records have been lost, it is not known exactly when. The origin of the name is likewise lost to history.
A post office was established at Everton in 1827, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1937.
Everton is located at 39°33′46″N 85°05′23″W / 39.56278°N 85.08972°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Everton, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ History of Fayette County, Indiana: Containing a History of the Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools, Churches, Industries, Etc.. Warner, Beers and Company. 1885. p. 209.
- ^ Barrows, Frederic Irving (1917). History of Fayette County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Bowen, B. F. p. 248.
- ^ "Fayette County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 4 September 2014.