Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)
|"Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)"|
|Single by Rozalla|
|from the album Everybody's Free|
|B-side||"Everybody's Free" (Free Bemba Mix)|
|Format||CD single, cassette, 7" single|
|Genre||Eurodance, acid house|
Epic Records (US, 1992)
|Writer(s)||Nigel Swanston, Tim Cox|
|Producer(s)||Band of Gypsies|
|Rozalla singles chronology|
"Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" is a song by Zambian-born Zimbabwean singer Rozalla. It was released in September 1991 as the second single from her album Everybody's Free.
Various music videos exist for "Everybody's Free (to Feel Good)". Rozalla's original label Pulse 8 promoted the song with a semi-live performance video. In the United States, Epic had Rozalla record a different video (shot in New York City). Rozalla also shot a video for her 1996 remix in Africa, and another for the 2002 version with German eurodance group Aquagen. Australian TV network Ten and affiliates used the Global Deejays remix to advertise the 2009 series of So You Think You Can Dance Australia.
"Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" has been remixed various times. In 1996, a remix reached number 30 on the UK Singles Chart. In 2000, she re-recorded with Richard 'Humpty' Vission and had a minor US dance hit. In 2002 came the Aquagen remix of the song, which reached number 22 in Germany, followed by a Delerium & Faze remix in 2005. The following year came from Italian Kortezman the new remix of the song. A shortened version of the Aquagen remix was used in the introduction to The Venture Bros. episode, "Powerless in the Face of Death". In 2015, the single received a updated remix, billed as the "Crazy Ibiza Remix," which Rozalla loved, and then commented on her Facebook page thanking the fans and mixers who continue to keep the song alive to this day.
Global Deejays released a version of "Everybody's Free" in 2008 that was credited to Global Deejays featuring Rozalla. It features guitars and strong dance beats. It was used in television promotions for So You Think You Can Dance Australia and debuted at number 33 on the ARIA Singles Chart. It climbed to number 7, which made it Rozalla's highest-charting single in Australia.
"Everybody's Free (to Feel Good)" first charted in the United Kingdom in 1991, peaking at number 6. The success soon crossed over to the rest of Europe, reaching the Top 10 in numerous countries. Although it failed to reach the Top 5 in the weekly charts, it still made the Top 40 best selling UK singles of 1991, at position 40.
The song was not released in the United States until 1992, when she was signed to Epic Records after a sought-after bidding war. It performed extremely well on the Hot Dance Club Play chart, climbing to number one. On the Billboard Hot 100 chart, the track was a modest success, reaching number 37.
Aquagen featuring Rozalla version
Global Deejays featuring Rozalla version
1 By Richard [Humpty] Vission featuring Rozalla
|End-of-year chart (1992)||Position|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||19|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||29|
"LSI (Love Sex Intelligence)" by The Shamen
|Billboard Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
September 26, 1992 (1 week)
"The Colour of Love" by Reese Project
- "Australian-charts.com – Rozalla – Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Rozalla – Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Rozalla – Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- Canada dance peak
- Pennanen, Timo (2006). Sisältää hitin - levyt ja esittäjät Suomen musiikkilistoilla vuodesta 1972 (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 978-951-1-21053-5.
- "Lescharts.com – Rozalla – Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Chartverfulgong > Rozalla > Everybody's Free (To Feel Good) – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- Irish Single Chart Irishcharts.ie (Retrieved April 10, 2008)
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Rozalla search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.org.nz – Rozalla – Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)". Top 40 Singles.
- Salaverri, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Rozalla – Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)". Singles Top 60.
- "Swisscharts.com – Rozalla – Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Everybody's Free (to Feel Good)", UK Singles Chart Chartstats.com (Retrieved April 10, 2008)
- Billboard Allmusic.com (Retrieved August 1, 2008)
- "Everybody's Free (to Feel Good)" by Aquagen, in various singles charts Lescharts.com (Retrieved April 10, 2008)
- "Everybody's Free (to Feel Good)" by Global Deejays, Dutch Singles Chart Lescharts.com (Retrieved April 10, 2008)
- "Everybody's Free (to Feel Good) 2009" by Global Deejays, Austrian Singles Chart Austriancharts.at (Retrieved July 23, 2009)
- "Single top 100 over 1991" (PDF) (in Dutch). Top40. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- 1992 Swiss Singles Chart Hitparade.ch (Retrieved August 2, 2008)