Everybody's Golf 6
|Everybody's Golf 6|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation Vita
|Distribution||Vita game card, Blu-ray Disc, download|
Everybody's Golf 6 (みんなのGOLF6 Minna no Golf 6?) (Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational in North America, Everybody's Golf in Europe) is a golf game in the Everybody's Golf series. It was released on 17 December 2011 in Japan, on 15 February 2012 in North America and on 22 February 2012 in Europe.
The game was unveiled along with its console, the PlayStation Vita, at the 2011 "PlayStation Meeting". Everybody's Golf features all-new courses, and downloadable content will be available through both retail and the PlayStation Store. Players will be able to leave each other comments through the "Live Area" system. Players will be able to view the golf course using PlayStation Vita's augmented reality feature.
It was later announced on 22 August 2012 that Sony is in the works of porting the Vita title to the PlayStation 3 with additional changes to the gameplay adding in support for cross platform play and PlayStation Move. It was also revealed that the DLC that was on the Vita version will be free at launch. The PlayStation 3 version will also add two new modes, "Slot Mode" and "Minna no Short Course." Slot Mode gives players certain advantages that are won via slots. Minna no Short Course puts players on courses that consists exclusively of short holes. It was released on 22 November 2012 in Japan, it has been stated in a comment by a SCEE employee on the European PlayStation Blog that the PlayStation 3 version will be released in North America on 23 July 2013 and Europe on 24 July 2013.
Everybody's Golf 6 was the best-selling Vita game in Japan at launch time. Critics have praised the game, with PlayStation LifeStyle calling it, "an outstanding game, bursting with fun, and enjoyable by gamers of all demographics" in its 8/10 review. Simon Parkin of Eurogamer scored it 7/10 and said "Everybody's Golf will never stand centre stage in the Vita's launch line-up. But in truth, it's one of the strongest launch titles, offering taut fun and challenge in a rapid-fire, quick-load manner that's perfectly suited to the handheld." Metro.co.uk awarded it 7/10, saying, "this amiable golf sim is another excellent showcase for the PS Vita."
- "Everybody's Golf • PlayStation Vita •". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Greg Miller. "E3 2011: Hot Shots Golf Vita Is Purdy - PlayStation Vita Preview at IGN". Uk.psp.ign.com. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Hot Shots Golf was PlayStation Vita's Top Selling Game at Launch". Andriasang. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Everybody's Golf: World Tour Review (PS Vita)". NowGamer. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "PS Vita Review - Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational". playstationlifestyle.net. 30 December 2011. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Parkin, Simon (16 February 2012). "Everybody's Golf Vita Review • Reviews • PlayStation Vita •". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Import Review". Metro.co.uk. 5 January 2012. Retrieved 17 January 2012.