Evgeny Grachev while playing for the Connecticut Whale
February 21, 1990 |
Khabarovsk, Soviet Union
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
|NHL Draft||75th overall, 2008
New York Rangers
Yevgeni Igorevitch Grachyov (Russian: Евге́ний И́горевич Грачё́в; born February 21, 1990 in Khabarovsk), also known as Evgeny Grachev, is a Russian professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing with the Admiral Vladivostok of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).
Grachyov played one game with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl of the Russian Super League in the 2007–08 season. He was selected 75th overall by the New York Rangers in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft on June 21, 2008. He was drafted 40th overall in the Canadian Hockey League (CHL) Import Draft by the Brampton Battalion of the OHL. After scoring 40 goals and 40 assists for 80 points in 60 games and sporting a +48, Grachyov was announced as the winner of the Emms Family Award as OHL Rookie of the Year on April 8, 2009.
In the 2009–10 season, Grachyov played with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League, where he scored 12 goals and 16 assists in his 1st season as a professional in North America. He was promoted to the Rangers on October 8, 2009, but was reassigned to Hartford the following day without playing a game for the Rangers. Grachyov was again called up to the Rangers on October 28, 2010 and made his NHL debut against the Carolina Hurricanes on October 29, 2010. He was returned to Hartford on November 8 after playing six games for the Rangers. He was promoted to the Rangers again on January 23, 2011 and was sent back down for 2 games with the Connecticut Whale during the NHL All-Star break. He was recalled to the Rangers on January 30, 2011 but returned to the Whale on February 1 without playing another game with the Rangers. In 73 games with the Whale in 2010–11, Grachyov scored 16 goals and had 22 assists for 38 total points. He also tied with Pavel Valentenko for the team lead with a plus/minus rating of +21.
On June 25, 2011, Grachyov was traded to the St. Louis Blues for a third round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. His first NHL point came on an assist in a game against the Philadelphia Flyers on October 22, 2011. Grachyov scored his 1st NHL Goal on December 26, 2011 against Dallas Stars netminder Andrew Raycroft.
Awards and achievements
Regular season and playoffs
|2010–11||Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale||AHL||73||16||22||38||21||6||0||2||2||4|
|2010–11||New York Rangers||NHL||8||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||St. Louis Blues||NHL||26||1||3||4||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|Competitor for Russia|
|World Junior Championships|
|World Junior Ice Hockey U18 Championships|
|Junior Int'l Totals||13||4||6||10||6|
- Evgeny Grachyov's profile and statistics (also in Russian) at KHL.ru
- "Evgeny Grachev named OHL rookie of the year". ontariohockeyleague.com. April 8, 2009. Retrieved April 8, 2009.[dead link]
- "Grachev assigned to Hartford". New York Rangers. September 27, 2009. Retrieved September 28, 2009.
- "Rangers return Grachev to Hartford". National Hockey League. Retrieved October 14, 2009.
- "New York Rangers transactions". Yahoo!. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- "Rangers call up Grachev from Hartford". nhl.com. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- Zipay, S. "Grachev makes NHL debut for Rangers". Newsday. Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- "Rangers return Grachev to Hartford". nhl.com. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- "Del Zotto, Grachev up from Whale". nhl.com. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
- "Rangers Recall Del Zotto, Grachev, Newbury". nhl.com. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "Grachev returned to Connecticut". nhl.com. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "Connecticut Whale 2010–11 Individual Stats". Connecticut Whale. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Astorian, Laura. "Blues Acquire Evgeny Grachev From New York Rangers For 72nd Overall Pick". SB Nation. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- "Evgeny Grachev Game Log". St. Louis Blues. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Evgeny Grachyov's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Evgeny Grachyov's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Evgeny Grachyov profile at Eurohockey.com
- RussianProspects.com Evgeny Grachev Profile
- Evgeny Grachyov's player profile at NHL.com
|Awards and achievements|
|Winner of the Emms Family Award