Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
|Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Evid. Based Complement. Alternat. Med.|
Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine is an open-access peer-reviewed medical journal covering alternative medicine published by Hindawi Publishing Corporation. As of 2013[update] the journal had an impact factor of 2.125. The journal was established in 2004 by Edwin L. Cooper, who also served as its editor-in-chief until 2010, when the journal moved from Oxford University Press to Hindawi.
Initially, the journal was entirely open access, without publication charge to the authors except for color figures, but Oxford University Press changed its policy in 2008 and made reviews, editorials, and commentaries subscription-based, while maintaining open access for original research papers. Hindawi returned the journal to a full open access model, but charges authors for both original research and review papers.
All issues of the journal are archived by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), a division of the United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health. Articles are available from PubMed and PubMed Central.
- "Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine — An Open Access Journal". Retrieved March 2014.
- "Bibliographic information". Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Hindawi Publishing. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Oxford Journals | Medicine | Evidence-based Compl. and Alt. Medicine | About the Journal". Oxford University Press. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Article processing charges". Hindawi Publishing. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Journal List". Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. National Center for Biotechnology Information, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. Retrieved 2014-02-26.