Evidence (Faith No More song)
The "Orange Drooker" cover
|Single by Faith No More|
|from the album King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime|
|Released||May 8, 1995|
|Recorded||Bearsville Studios in Bearsville, New York|
|Genre||Jazz-funk, soul, easy listening|
|Writer(s)||Billy Gould. Mike Bordin, Trey Spruance, Mike Patton|
|Producer(s)||Andy Wallace, Faith No More|
|Faith No More singles chronology|
"Evidence" is a song by Faith No More, released as the third and final single from their fifth studio album, King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime. Like the other releases from the album, it failed to chart in the US; however, the song had moderate success in the UK and Australia. The song is heavily jazz-influenced and vocals were also recorded in Italian, Portuguese and Spanish—the latter of which was included on the album as a bonus track. In concerts, singer Mike Patton typically performs the lyrics according to the country in which the show is taking place.
"Evidence" was the third single released from King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime—and with the eventual cancellation of planned releases for "Take This Bottle" and "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies", would be the album's last single, It was released on 8 May 1995, and in the UK on 17 July that year. The band made an appearance the previous April on the Australian variety show Hey Hey It's Saturday to perform the song, which eventually peaked at number 32 in the UK and number 27 in Australia; becoming the 29th most-played song on Australian radio that year. A video was made for the song, directed by Walter A. Stern.
Pale Blue Drooker
Free "Live Poster"
Negative of Screaming Woman
Artwork taken from scenes of the "Evidence" video.
Free poster of "Screaming Woman"
*Live at The Forum, London, March 13, 1995
†The interview is shorter version of the EVANS 9 promotional CD version
‡Live from San Francisco, California, USA, April 24, 1995
§Live at The Palladium, Los Angeles, California, USA, April 27, 1995
- Mike Patton – vocals
- Billy Gould – bass
- Mike Bordin – drums
- Roddy Bottum – keyboard
- Dean Menta – guitars (all tracks except "Evidence" and "King for a Day")
- Trey Spruance – guitars on "Evidence and "King for a Day"
- Eric Drooker – illustrations
|Australia ARIA Charts||27|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||5|
|New Zealand RIANZ Charts||38|
|Netherlands NVPI Charts||42|
- fnm.com Discography
- "Evidence with Spanish lyrics, performed in Chile". YouTube. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "Evidence with Italian lyrics, performed in Italy". YouTube. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "Evidence with Portuguese lyrics, performed in Brazil". YouTube. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- Stefan Negele. "Faith No More TV Appearances". Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- "everyHit.com UK Top 40 chart archive". Retrieved 23 March 2011. NB: Direct linking to search results is unavailable, please search for artist "Faith No More" for results
- "australian-charts.com - Discography Faith No More". Retrieved 23 March 2011.
- "1995 | history | triple j hottest 100 - 2008 | triple j". ABC. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- Alex S. Garda (ed.). "mvdbase.com - Faith No more Videography". Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- Nyman, Jake (2005). Suomi soi 4: Suuri suomalainen listakirja (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 951-31-2503-3.
- "chartz.org.nz Discography Faith No More". Retrieved 23 March 2011.
- "dutchcharts.nl - Faith No More - King for a Day Fool for a Lifetime". Retrieved 23 March 2011.