Evil Angel (studio)
|Headquarters||14141 Covello Street 8C, Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California 91405, USA|
|Key people||John Stagliano (owner)|
|Products||Pornographic films, Pornographic magazines|
|Services||video on demand|
It has been described as "the top porn-film producer" in the U.S, as one of the handful of companies which dominate the distribution of hardcore pornographic films in the U.S., and as one of the most profitable porn studios.
Background and beginnings
The company's rise to prominence was fueled by the industry switch from film to videotape. In the late 1970s a feature-length porn film shot on celluloid might have cost as much as $350,000. In 1983 the VCR had been recently introduced, and producers were beginning to make pornographic films on videotape. A film using video could be made for as little as $5,000, compared to a minimum of $40,000 for a movie shot on film. Into the 1990s, by shooting its productions with video cameras, Evil Angel could still make films for $8,000. Stagliano initially had little knowledge of film making, but he made his first movie for $8,000 in 1983: Bouncing Buns, starring Stacy Donovan. For the next six years he made films for other companies to manufacture and distribute.
In 1989 he started Evil Angel, to sell his own films. The origin of the company's name goes back to when Stagliano was working as a stripper: "There was another guy in one of my shows named John. So this MC started calling me Evil John to differentiate us. This was when I was doing Dracula and chains. At the same time I had a girlfriend who called herself Angel when she did strip shows. She was a very nasty girl and I suggested that she call herself Evil Angel. She didn't, but I loved the name and wound up using it for my company."
Buttman and Gonzo
The first Evil Angel film was Dance Fire, filmed in 1988 by Stagliano, starring himself, Trinity Loren, Brandy Alexandre and others. It would only be released on DVD 20 years later. Influenced by amateur pornography, In 1989 Stagliano hit on the idea of performing in a film whilst also operating the camera, so that the viewer experiences the film through the eyes of his character. The first-person perspective was influenced by the 1960s film Blowup. At the time this was in contrast to the majority of porn, which tended not to make viewers aware of the camera. This technique is today known as Point of view pornography. He formed his Buttman persona, and shot Adventures of Buttman. The early Buttman films were written, produced, directed, edited, shot and manufactured personally by Stagliano. The first two Buttman films had lengthy scripts, but the series soon evolved into an improvised, spontaneous format. In contrast to his earlier work and the standard porn of the time, Stagliano did not link each scene together to form a conventional narrative. At times the camerawork was shaky. Partly due to his lack of funds, he didn't use elaborate sets or locations. At the time porn films had a traditional storyline, with sex scenes interspersed with dialogue by performers with little acting ability. Instead of that format, Stagliano chose to film "one sex scene which has a beginning, a middle and ends at a climax. Trying to make all that relate to a bigger story is very difficult and creates all sorts of problems that get in the way of making the best scene possible." The distinct style of the early Evil Angel films would be widely imitated, and would come to be known as Gonzo pornography.
In the 1990s Stagliano became one of the most successful figures in the American pornographic film industry. In 1990 Patrick Collins and Stagliano founded the Elegant Angel label as a subsidiary of Evil Angel. In 1991 Stagliano established a production subsidiary in São Paulo, Brazil. By 1993 the company was producing a new videotape every three weeks, and was grossing more than $1 million a year; in 1996 it sold approximately half a million videos. In the mid-'90s the company started using the phrase "The Evil Empire" on its box-covers, in reference to its growing stable of directors. In 1996 Collins established Elegant Angel as a separate company, and in 1998 it ended all cooperation with Evil Angel. His departure from Evil Angel has been called "less than amicable", and he and Stagliano are apparently "ex-friend[s]". At the time Collins said that Stagliano "couldn't run a business, and would fail without him". According to Stagliano, "Patrick's a bully . . . he wasn't doing his job properly . . . I should have fired him years ago".
In 2007 the studio received 127 AVN Award nominations in 60 categories, making it the fourth year in a row in which it received more than 100 nominations.
In August 2007, Evil Angel and Jules Jordan prevailed in a DVD piracy case against Kaytel Video Distribution and several other defendants, winning a total of over $17.5 million, which was the largest sum ever awarded in an adult piracy case. Evil were awarded $11.2 million, and Jordan $5.3 million. EA had originally filed the lawsuit in November 2005.
On April 8, 2008, Evil Angel and its owner, John Stagliano were indicted on Federal obscenity charges by a federal grand jury in Washington, D.C. Films named in the obscenity charges included Storm Squirters 2 by Joey Silvera, Milk Nymphos by Jay Sin, and a trailer for Belladonna: Fetish Fanatic 5. Stagliano and Evil Angel were represented by Al Gelbard, who successfully defended JM Productions owner Jeff Steward in a 2007 obscenity case. The company released a compilation DVD entitled Defend Our Porn, with proceeds going towards its legal defense fund, and set up the DefendOurPorn.org website to provide information on the legal proceedings.
In December 2008 the BBC reported that Stagliano and Evil Angel were a client of UK lawyers Davenport Lyons who were seeking financial redress from people they asserted had downloaded copyright material using Peer to Peer software.
Directors and Films
The company differs from most other porn studios in that it contracts with in-house directors and permits them to own the films that they create, while Evil Angel handles the film's manufacture, distribution, promotion and sales and takes a percentage of the gross sales. Each director has his own particular style and is a star in his own right, with his own brand identity. Stagliano adopted this business model due to his previous experience selling his videos to other companies. He found it difficult to establish his reputation when someone else owned his content, and he didn't receive any more money if a film sold well.
The company's roster of directors currently consists of Stagliano, John Leslie, Rocco Siffredi, Joey Silvera, Christoph Clark, Nacho Vidal, Jonni Darkko, Jake Malone, Jay Sin, Jazz Duro, Manuel Ferrara, Lexington Steele, Mike Adriano, Steve Holmes, Uncle D and Belladonna. Previous directors include Gregory Dark, Jules Jordan, Bruce Seven, Bionca, Alex de Renzy and Erik Everhard.
Gregory Dark left VCA over "creative differences" in the summer of 1995 and launched his own film company, Dark Works, with Evil Angel Video handling all distribution. His first film for Evil Angel was Sex Freaks, starring Stephanie Swift, Nyrobi Knights, Lovette and Tom Byron. He also worked on Snake Pit and The Best Of Gregory Dark. Dark has since stopped directing for the studio.
Erik Everhard also formerly worked with the company, after directing for Anabolic Video, Diabolic Video and Red Light District Video. He left Red Light District in 2005 to join Evil Angel, before joining Jules Jordan Video.
Stagliano has directed series including Buttman at Nudes a Poppin', Buttman Goes to Rio, Buttman's Anal Divas, Buttman's Anal Show, Buttman's Bend Over Babes, Buttman's Bend Over Brazilian Babes, Buttman's Big Butt Backdoor Babes, Buttman's Big Tit Adventure, Buttman's Butt Freak, Buttman's European Vacation, Buttman's Favorite Big Butt Babes, Face Dance and Fashionistas, as well as numerous one-off films. By 2003 almost 30 films in the Buttman series had been produced, some of them shot in locations including New Zealand, Prague (Czech Republic), San Diego and London. The premise of most of the films is Stagliano approaching a woman and persuading her to show him her buttocks, followed by her having sex. The films blurred the boundary between what was a pre-arranged set-up and what was real. It has also been turned into a comic-book.
John Leslie had a successful career as an actor, then began directing for VCA Pictures in the mid-'80s. The first film he directed for Evil Angel was The Dog Walker in 1994, after its script had been rejected by VCA. He would go on to direct gonzo, vignette and feature series such as The Voyeur, Drop Sex, Dirty Tricks, The Lecher, Crack Her Jack, Fresh Meat and Gobble the Goop. More recently he also created one-off releases centered on a particular actress, like Veronica Da Souza: Some Piece of Ass and Naomi: There’s Only One. Leslie has won numerous awards for his Evil Angel films.
Rocco Siffredi began working as a director for the company in 1994. He had previously acted in the Buttman series and Face Dance Parts 1 & 2. His first Evil Angel films were Sandy Insatiable and Never Say Never to Rocco Siffredi. Since then he has directed features such as Rocco Never Dies and The Ass Collector, gonzo movies including True Anal Stories, Initiations, Nasty Tails, Rocco Ravishes... and the Animal Trainer series, and Rock 'n' Roll Rocco 1 and 2, shot on location in Rome.
Joey Silvera started directing for Evil Angel in 1995. Previously he had been an actor, then directed for Devil's Film in the early 1990s. He is responsible for the Fashion Sluts, Ass Party, Storm Squirters, Pink Hotel On Butt Row, Please!, Service Animals, New Girls, Strap Attack, Hellcats, Rogue Adventures, Runaway Butts, Black Cock Addiction, Black Power, Butt Row Euro Style, Evil Vault, Face Fucking Inc., Hellcats, How To Please A She-Male, All American She-Male Road Trip, She-Male XTC, Big Ass She-Male All-Stars and Big Ass She-Male Road Trip series.
Christoph Clark joined the company in 1997. His first film was Euro Angels, and he has since directed series including Beautiful Girls, Angel Perverse, Dressed To Fuck, Euro Angels, Euro Angels Hardball, Big Natural Tits, Nasty Intentions, Top Wet Girls, Euro Slit and Euro Domination, and one-off releases like Christoph Clark's Obsession and Swallow.
Nacho Vidal joined the studio in late 2001. He had previously appeared as a performer in Evil Angel films including Please!, Buttman & Rocco's Brazilian Butt Fest, John Leslie's and Fresh Meat 8. He directed the series Killer Pussy and Nacho Vidal's Blowjob Impossible for New Sensations. For EA he has directed films including Latin Psycho,Made In Brazil, Made In Xspana, Nacho: Latin Psycho , The Cast, Back 2 Evil, Ass Obsession and Unleashed. In 2005 he made Face Fuckers, the studio's first gay pornography. Vidal has produced several transsexual films such as She Plays With Her Cock, House of She-Males, Fucking She-Males, She Said Blow Me and Bang Bang She-Male.
Jonni Darkko first directed for New Sensations. In 2004 he formed Darkko Productions and joined Evil Angel. He has produced the Darkko's Dirtiest Sluts, Open Ended, Pound Pussy, POV Jugg Fuckers, Asian Fucking Nation, Sloppy Head, Bet Your Ass, Angels of Debauchery, Boob Bangers, Load Warriors, Girls Love Girls, Throat Fucks, Wet Food, Bodacious Booty, Bikini Clad Cum Sluts, Trophy Whores, Slut Collector, My Girlfriend's Whore Friend, Anal Showdown and Suck It Dry series, and one-off releases like Load Sharing and Tiffany & Cumpany. Many of his series have a POV female on male oral focus.
Manuel Ferrara released his first Evil Angel film in May 2006, after working for Red Light District Video for two years. He was originally a protégé of Rocco Siffredi, and had an award-winning acting career, including an appearance in Stagliano’s Fashionistas. His first Evil Angel film was Evilution, starring Naomi, Melissa Lauren and featuring the comeback of Nici Sterling. Since then he has directed series including Fucked On Sight, Slutty & Sluttier, Raw, Evil Anal, Battle of the Sluts, Anal Expedition, Teen Cum Squad, Bangin' Black Boxes, Ass Attack, I'm Your Slut and Teen Cum Squad and New Whores On The Block.
Jake Malone signed an exclusive distribution deal in June 2006. His first Evil Angel release was Fuck Dolls, starring Sandra Romain and Sasha Grey. Since then he has directed series including Bitchcraft, I Wanna B A Porn Star, Fetish Fuck Dolls, Fuck Slaves, Gang Bang My Face, Teens Corrupted, We Suck, Cum Face Fuck Dolls, Nice Fucking View, Crimes Of The Cunt, Rookie Pussy, Own My Ass and Black Snake Bitches.
Belladonna was first introduced to Stagliano by her then-boyfriend Nacho Vidal. Evil Angel is the exclusive distributor of titles under the Belladonna Entertainment and Deadly Nightshade Productions labels. She has created and starred in series including Fetish Fanatic, Dark Meat, No Warning, Odd Jobs, Belladonna's Butthole Whores, Foot Soldiers, Girl Train, Manhandled, Fucking Girls, Evil Pink, Cock Happy and My Ass Is Haunted.
Jay Sin (born Jason Wade Dejournett) started directing for Buttman Magazine Choice in early 2007, working on films including Milk Nymphos 2, then became an EA director in January 2008. Prior to directing he had also worked as a cameraman for Belladonna, Nacho Vidal and Jazz Duro. The first film he directed for Evil Angel was Gape Lovers 2 in April 2008, and he has also worked on Anal Acrobats, Gape Lovers, Acrobatic Assholes, Pretty Sloppy, Deep Anal Abyss, Anal Buffet, Anal Lesbian Sweethearts, Lollipop Lesbians, Anal Beach Buns and Milk Nymphos.
Sin is known for his extreme anal pornography, more recently including anal prolapse in some of his videos. Many of his videos also feature women inserting objects such as oranges and baseballs into their rectums, then pushing the objects back out. Sin calls his films "artistic" and states that porn for him is "a way of life"
In December 2005 the studio agreed a deal with XRentDVD.com for it to be Evil Angel's exclusive online DVD rental outlet. In March 2006 Evil Angel made its content available for download through video on demand provider AllAdultChannel.com. The studios' content is also available on Fyre TV and Hustler TV.
Evil Angel Publishing
The following is a selection of some of the major awards Evil Angel films have won:
- 1992 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Wild Goose Chase 
- 1993 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for Face Dance, Parts I & II 
- 1997 AVN Award - 'Best Gonzo Series' for Butt Row 
- 1997 AVN Award - 'Best Continuing Video Series' for The Voyeur 
- 1998 AVN Award - 'Best Video Feature' for Buda 
- 1998 AVN Award - 'Best Continuing Video Series' for Fresh Meat 
- 1999 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for The Big-Ass She-Male Adventure 
- 2000 AVN Award - 'Best Continuing Video Series' for The Voyeur 
- 2000 AVN Award - 'Best Anal-Themed Series' for Rocco's True Anal Stories 
- 2000 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for Rogue Adventures 3: Big-Ass She-Male Adventure 
- 2001 AVN Award - 'Best Gonzo Series' for Please! 
- 2001 AVN Award - 'Best Anal-Themed Series' for Rocco's True Anal Stories 
- 2001 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for Rogue Adventures 3: Big-Ass She-Male Adventure 7 
- 2002 AVN Award - 'Best Anal-Themed Series' for Rocco's True Anal Stories 
- 2002 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for Rogue Adventures 13 
- 2002 AVN Award - 'Best Gonzo Series' for Buttman 
- 2002 AVN Award - 'Best Continuing Video Series' for Animal Trainer 
- 2003 AVN Award - 'Best Anal-Themed Series' for Ass Worship 
- 2003 AVN Award - 'Best Video Feature' for The Ass Collector 
- 2003 AVN Award - 'Best Film' for The Fashionistas 
- 2004 AVN Award - 'Best DVD' for The Fashionistas 
- 2003 AVN Award - 'Best Gonzo Series' for The Voyeur 
- 2003 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for Rogue Adventures 15 
- 2004 AVN Award - 'Best Oral-Themed Feature' for Feeding Frenzy 2 
- 2004 AVN Award - 'Best Anal-Themed Series' for Ass Worship 
- 2004 AVN Award - 'Best Gonzo Series' for Service Animals 
- 2004 AVN Award - 'Top Renting Release of the Year' for The Fashionistas 
- 2004 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for She-Male Domination Nation 
- 2005 AVN Award - 'Best Vignette Release' for Tales From the Crack 
- 2005 AVN Award - 'Best Anal-Themed Series' for Ass Worship 
- 2006 AVN Award - 'Best Pro-Am Release' for Rocco's Initiations 9 
- 2006 AVN Award - 'Best Vignette Release' for Vault of Whores 
- 2006 AVN Award - 'Best Gonzo Series' for Service Animals 
- 2006 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for Rogue Adventures 24 
- 2007 AVN Award - 'Best Transsexual Release' for Rogue Adventures 27 
- 2007 AVN Award - 'Best Specialty Release - Fem-Dom Strap-On' for Strap Attack 4 
- 2007 AVN Award - 'Best Specialty Series - Big Bust' for Boob Bangers 
- 2008 XBIZ Award - 'Best Studio' 
- 2008 AVN Award - 'Best Continuing Video Series' for Belladonna: Manhandled 
- 2008 AVN Award - 'Best POV Release' for Fucked on Sight 2 
- 2008 AVN Award - 'Best POV Series' for Fucked on Sight 
- 2008 F.A.M.E. Awards - 'Favorite Studio'
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Anal-Themed Series' - tie between Evil Anal and Butthole Whores 
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Foot Fetish Release' for Belladonna's Foot Soldiers 
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Gonzo Series' for Slutty and Sluttier 
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Oral-Themed Release' for Blow Job Perversion 
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Oral-Themed Series' for Face Fucking, Inc. 
- 2009 AVN Award - 'Best Specialty Release - Other Genre' for Milk Nymphos 2 
- 2011 XBIZ Award - 'Gonzo Release of the Year - Non-Feature' for Tori, Tarra and Bobbi Love Rocco 
- 2012 XBIZ Award - 'Gonzo Release of the Year' for Phat Bottom Girls
- 2012 XBIZ Award - 'Fetish Release of the Year' for Odd Jobs 5
- 2012 XBIZ Award - 'Latin-Themed Release of the Year' for Made in Xspana 7
- 2012 XBIZ Award - 'European Non-Feature Release of the Year' for Slutty Girls Love Rocco 3
- 2012 XBIZ Award - 'Transsexual Release of the Year' for She-Male Police 2
- 2013 XBIZ Award - 'European Non-Feature Release of the Year' for Slutty Girls Love Rocco 4
- 2014 XBIZ Award - 'Studio of the Year'
- 2014 XBIZ Award - 'Transsexual Release of the Year' for American She-Male X 5
- John Stagliano. "A Message From the President". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "ELEGANT ANGEL". AVN. Retrieved 2009-04-11.[dead link]
- Hunter, Tod (2007-08-10). "Elegant Angel". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. 3 Feb 2007. p. 22.
- Petkovich, p.10
- Breck, John (1999). The sacred gift of life: Orthodox Christianity and bioethics. St Vladimir's Seminary Press. p. 102. ISBN 0-88141-183-3.
- Kick, Russ (2005). Everything You Know about Sex Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to the Extremes of Human Sexuality (and Everything in Between). Disinformation Company. p. 145. ISBN 1-932857-17-6.
- Joseph W. Slade. Pornography in the Late Nineties. Wide Angle, Volume 19, Number 3, July 1997.
- Eric Schlosser, "The Business of Pornography," U.S. News and World Report, February 10, 1997.
- McNair, Brian (2002). Striptease culture: sex, media and the democratization of desire. Routledge. p. 39. ISBN 0-415-23734-3.
- "JOHN STAGLIANO". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- Steve Javors (2008-02-14). "Evil Angel Releases First-Ever Video on DVD". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- O'Toole, Kerekes p.17
- O'Toole, Kerekes p.16
- Petkovich, Anthony (2002). The X Factory: Inside the American Hardcore Film Industry. Critical Vision. p. 10. ISBN 1-900486-24-5.
- O'Toole, Kerekes p.7
- O'Toole, Laurence & Kerekes, David (2003). Headpress: Powered by Love. Headpress. p. 5. ISBN 1-900486-22-9.
- Kandyba, Slav (2004-04-26). "Product backlog to see porn firms through hiatus.". San Fernando Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- Sigel, Lisa Z. (2005). International exposure: perspectives on modern European pornography, 1800-2000. Rutgers University Press. p. 178. ISBN 0-8135-3519-0.
- "Despite U.S. Campaign, a Boom in Pornography". New York Times. 1993-07-04. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- O'Toole, Kerekes p.30
- Joanne Cachapero (2007-12-06). "Evil Angel Nabs 127 Award Nominations". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Mike Weatherford (2008-01-18). "SHOW REVIEW: "Fashionistas"". Las Vegas Review Journal. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- Evil Angel, Jules Jordan Win Over $16.6 Million In DVD Piracy Case, Adult Video News, posted August 10, 2007.
- Joanne Cachapero (2008-05-30). "Evil Angel Makes Final Settlement With Kaytel". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Steve Javors (2008-04-09). "John Stagliano, Evil Angel Charged With 7 Obscenity Violations". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- John Stagliano, Evil Angel Indicted On Federal Obscenity Charges Adult Video News, posted April 8, 2008
- Joanne Cachapero (2008-06-26). "Evil Angel’s ‘Defend Our Porn’ Shipping". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Cash demand over 'porn downloads'". BBC News. 2008-12-05. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- Blue, Violet (2006). The Smart Girl's Guide to Porn. Cleis Press. p. 88. ISBN 1-57344-247-X.
- Georgina Robinson (2008-03-03). "Porn's dirtiest girl cleans up". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- Gittler, Ian (1999). Pornstar. Simon & Schuster. p. 152. ISBN 0-684-82715-8.
- Joseph W. Slade. Flesh Need Not be Mute: The Pornographic Videos of John Leslie. Wide Angle, Volume 19, Number 3, July 1997.
- Tod Hunter (2008-08-06). "Evil Angel Cash Launches 9 New Directors' Sites". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Evil Angel’s Raul Cristian Receives Venus Award". XBIZ. 2008-10-23. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Evil Angel Wins XBIZ Best Studio Award". XBIZ. 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "DIRECTORS". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- Petkovich, p.44
- Petkovich, p.13
- "A Message From the President". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "Jules Jordan Interview: January 2007". rogreviews.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Michael Hayes (2006-06-28). "Jake Malone Signs with Evil Angel". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Steve Javors. "Jury Awards Erik Everhard $141K in Red Light District Case". XBIZ.
- "JOHN STAGLIANO'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- O'Toole, Kerekes p.8
- O'Toole, Kerekes p.13
- "JOHN LESLIE". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "ROCCO SIFFREDI". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- Sigel, p.203
- "JOEY SILVERA". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "JOEY SILVERA'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "CHRISTOPH CLARK". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "CHRISTOPH CLARK'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "NACHO VIDAL". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-20.[dead link]
- "NACHO VIDAL'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "JONNI DARKKO". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-20.[dead link]
- "JONNI DARKKO'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- Matt O'Conner (2006-02-08). "Ferrara to Make Movies for Evil Angel". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "MANUEL FERRARA". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-20.[dead link]
- "MANUEL FERRARA'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "JAKE MALONE". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-20.[dead link]
- "JAKE MALONE'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "RAUL CRISTIAN". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-20.[dead link]
- "BELLADONNA". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "BELLADONNA'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "Obscenity vs. Freedom of Expression: The John Stagliano Trial".
- Steve Javors (2008-01-22). "Evil Angel Elevates Jay Sin to Direct". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "JAY SIN". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-20.[dead link]
- "JAY SIN'S TITLES". evilangel.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.[dead link]
- "Jay Sin On Xcritic".
- "XRentDVD.com and Evil Angel Partner". XBIZ. 2005-12-05. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Matt O'Conner (2006-03-22). "AllAdultChannel.com Signs Evil Angel to VOD Deal". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Stuart Miller (2008-03-09). "Adult Fare Grows Up". Multichannel News. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- Kick, Russ (2001). You are being lied to: the disinformation guide to media distortion, historical whitewashes and cultural myths. Disinformation Company. p. 161. ISBN 0-9664100-7-6.
- Paasonen, Susanna, Nikunen, Kaarina, Saarenmaa, Laura (2007). Pornification: Sex and Sexuality in Media Culture. Berg Publishers. p. 160. ISBN 1-84520-704-1.
- Steve Javors (2007-12-21). "Evil Angel Publishing Announces New Magazine". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "AVN AWARDS PAST WINNERS". AVN. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "2008 AVN AWARDS WINNERS ANNOUNCED". AVN. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- David Sullivan (2008-06-07). "2008 F.A.M.E. Winners Announced at Erotica LA". AVN. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "THE 2009 AVN AWARDS WINNERS". AVN. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, February, 2011
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, January, 2012
- XBIZ Award Winners 2013, XBIZ, January, 2013
- Dan Miller (2014-01-24). "2014 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- XBIZ Award Winners 2014, XBIZ, January, 2014