|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: EVR|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Alexander Abramov (Chairman)
Alexander V Frolov (CEO)
|Revenue||US$14,411 million (2013)|
|US$19 million (2013)|
|US$(572) million (2013)|
EVRAZ plc (Russian: ЕВРАЗ) is a multinational vertically integrated steel making and mining company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It has operations mainly in Russia, but also in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Italy, Czech Republic, the United States, Canada and South Africa. The company employs about 100,000 people. Evraz is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was founded as a small metal trading business in 1992. On June 2, 2005 Evraz Group floated some 8.3 percent of its shares in the form of GDR in London. The company was priced at $14.50 per GDR implying an equity value of $5.15 billion. An additional 6% stake was placed in January 2006, resulting in a total free-float of 14.3%.
EVRAZ is a vertically integrated holding with high self-sufficiency in iron ore and excess coking coal production, which enables the company to be one of the largest participants on the domestic coking coal market through its affiliates. EVRAZ also controls some metal trading and logistic assets. The business structure is as follows:
- Nizhny Tagil Iron and Steel Plant - NTMK - in Nizhny Tagil; major steel and vanadium slag producer
- Novokuznetsk Iron and Steel Plant - NKMK in Novokuznetsk; major steel producer; leading in railway steel (merged with EVRAZ ZSMK)
- Palini e Bertoli in Italy's Udine Province; rolling mill/steel plate products, in association with Clama Srl
- Strategic Minerals Corporation - Stratcor in the USA; vanadium, tungsten, alloys; facilities in Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Brits, North West in South Africa; headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut
- EVRAZ Consolidated West-Siberian Metallurgical Plant (EVRAZ ZSMK) large steel producer in Siberia; merged with EVRAZ NKMK in 2011 (http://www.mbdatabase.com/Basic-Information/EVRAZ-ZSMK-Consolidated-West-Siberian-Metallurgical-Plant/20264/1)
- Oregon Steel Mills in the USA; pipes, tubes, rails; facilities in Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado; Camrose, Alberta in Canada; headquartered in Portland, Oregon
- Claymont Steel in the USA; custom plate; facilities in Claymont, Delaware
- Ipsco Inc. - in Rural Municipality of Sherwood No. 159, Saskatchewan, north of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada; pipe and plate steel
- Evrazruda mining and enrichment facilities in Kemerovo Oblast
- In the Kemerovo Oblast: Tashtagol Mine, Kaz Mine, Sheregesh Mine, Gurev Mine, Abagur Sinter and Enrichment Plant
- Kachkanarsky Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise - Vanady - KGOK pit mining in Sverdlovsk;
- Sukha Balka Mines, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine.
- Yuzhkuzbassugol coking coal mining in the Kuzbass Region
- Raspadskaya/Joint Stock Company Raspadskaya underground coking coal mining in Kemerovo, EVRAZ owns 82% of Raspadskaya
- EVRAZ Highveld Steel and Vanadium Corporation Ltd. in South Africa
EVRAZ Vanady Tula
Sales and logistics
- Metallenergofinance MEF, supplying electricity and heat for Evraz facilities
- Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port in the Russian Far East, handling most of Evraz' exports
- Trading House EvrazHolding/TH EvrazHolding working in domestic sales
- Trading House EvrazResource/TH EvrazResource working in domestic sales
Mastercroft was a wholly owned subsidiary of the company as of 30 June 2006. The company's interests in the majority of its subsidiaries are held indirectly through its ownership of Mastercroft. In June 2006 Evraz Group announced a transaction that resulted in the transfer to Greenlease International Holding of a 50% interest in Lanebrook Ltd., an entity controlled by the principal shareholders of Evraz Group. As of January 2014 Lanebrook Ltd. held 64.73% of the Company's shares, while 21.81% of the stock is traded on the London Stock Exchange.