Location of Evren, Ankara within Turkey.
|• Governor||Harun Yücel|
|• Mayor||Nedim Keskin (MHP)|
|• District||179.74 km2 (69.40 sq mi)|
|Elevation||922 m (3,025 ft)|
|• District density||17/km2 (43/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Evren, formerly Çıkınağıl, is a town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, 178 km from the city of Ankara. According to 2010 census, population of the district is 3,343 of which 2,175 live in the town of Evren.. The district covers an area of 218 km². Since April 2009 this municipality is governed by the MHP.
This small remote town on the banks of Hirfanlı reservoir, was formerly known as Çıkınağıl, and was renamed in honor of Kenan Evren, former president of Turkey.
Villages in the district
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units" (in English). Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Çıkınağıl, Turkey" (in English). Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Kenthaber Uluslararası İnternet Med.Yay.Ltd.Şti. "General information on Evren, Turkey" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-27.
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|