||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2013)|
Dobson in 2009
|Birth name||Ewan Dobson|
|Born||September 9, 1981|
|Origin||Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada|
He is noted for the intensity and virtuosity of his fingerstyle playing, his influence from video game music as well as his use of extended technique. Dobson's music borrows from bluegrass, classical music, folk, techno, heavy metal as well as trance.
As a classical guitarist Dobson won numerous awards such as the Grand Prizes of both the Burlington Rotary Fall Music Festival and the Pickering Rotary Music Festival (1996 and 1998) as well as the D'addario Scholarship from the Kiwanis Music Festival which is given to the top classical guitarist in the competition. As a fingerstyle guitarist, Ewan placed first at the 5th Annual Canadian Fingerstyle Guitar Competition in 2009. Two months after this he competed in the 38th Annual International Fingerstyle Guitar Competition in Winfield, Kansas and placed third. He subsequently placed first in the Acoustic Category of the 4th Annual Montreal Guitar Grand Prix.
In 1993, he was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and mild Tourette's Syndrome. In support of Tourette's Syndrome awareness Dobson has performed at the Tourette's Syndrome National Conference in Canada.
- 2007: Guitar, Self released title
- 2008: The Red Army Love Potion, Self released title
- 2009: Healthy Obsession, Self released title
- 2009: Ewan Dobson, CandyRat Records
- 2010: Ewan Dobson II, CandyRat Records
- 2012: Ewan Dobson III, CandyRat Records
- 2012: World Candies, Self released title
- 2013: Acoustic Metal, CandyRat Records
- 2014: Acoustic Metal II, Self released title
- 2014: 12 String Guitar, Self released title
- "The Canadian Guitar Festival and Fingerstyle Guitar Competition". Comevisit.com. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Instrument Contest Winner Archives Ewan Dobson". Wvfest.com. 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Montreal Guitar Grand Prix - The prizes - Acoustic Category". Montreal Guitar Grand Prix. 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "National Post Brain Supplement" (PDF). parkinson.ca, Parkinson Society Canada. March 26, 2010.
- "Event 96 Official Conference Programme 2009" (PDF). p. 15. ldao.ca Tourette's Syndrome Foundation of Canada.
- "Guitar". cdbaby.com. Ewan Dobson.
- "The Red Army Love Potion". cdbaby.com. Ewan Dobson.
- "Healthy Obsession". cdbaby.com. Ewan Dobson.
- "Ewan Dobson". Candyrat.com. CANdYRAT Records. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Ewan Dobson II". Candyrat.com. CANdYRAT Records. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Ewan Dobson III". Candyrat.com. CANdYRAT Records.
- "World Candies". cdbaby.com. Ewan Dobson.
- "Ewan Dobson : Acoustic Metal : Double CD". Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "Ewan Dobson : Acoustic Metal II". Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "Ewan Dobson : 12 String Guitar". Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- Candyrat Records label website
- Ewan Dobson's Fanpage
- Ewan Dobson on Online Music Jamming
- Ewan Dobson on Facebook
- CandyRat Records on Myspace
- FingerstyleGuitarists.com Ewan Dobson Interview
- Ewan Dobson: The Transcription Collection