February 13, 1982
São Paulo, Brazil
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||110.2 kg (243 lb; 17.35 st)|
|Reach||78.0 in (198 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Tokyo, Japan|
|Trainer||Jayson Vemoa (K-1) 
Mauricio "Baboo" Da Silva (K-1) 
|Rank||3rd dan black belt in Kyokushin kaikan|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Ewerton Teixeira (born February 13, 1982) is a Brazilian professional kyokushin karateka, mixed martial artist and kickboxer currently competing in K-1. He obtained his first K-1 title in 2008 at K-1 World Grand Prix 2008 in Fukuoka by beating Keijiro Maeda in the final. He is training K-1 at the Ichigeki Academy Kyokushin Kaikan in Tokyo, Japan.
Biography and career
After becoming the 9th Kyokushin World Champion in 2007 Teixeira entered the K-1 in 2008. His first K-1 was against Japanese fan-favourite Yusuke Fujimoto. He won the fight by right cross KO. Teixeira then won the 2008 Japan GP after knocking out Tsutomu Takahagi in the first round and two unanimous decision wins over Tsuyoshi Nakasako and Keijiro Maeda.
He was then placed in the 2008 WGP eliminations against Japanese veteran Musashi. He won by unanimous decision and qualified for his first World Grand Prix championships.
In the quarter finals he fought his first non-Japanese opponent, Errol Zimmerman. Teixeira surprised the world by beating Zimmerman throughout the fight until he was dropped in the third round and ended up losing the fight by decision.
In 2009 Teixeira was criticized by fans for his lackluster performance and lucky wins. In Yokohama in March he beat Jerome Lebanner by decision in the 5th round, a fight which many believed should have gone Jerome's way in the round 4. At the Final 16, despite been a big favourite and promising a KO against the new Asia champion, Sing Jaideep, he won a very controversial decision again in the 5th round. In the finals he was knocked out by Alistair Overeem in round 1 after a knee to the chin in a very controversial fight.
In 2010 Teixeira fought K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 in Canberra as a super fight winning by KO over Alex Roberts. He then fought in K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 in Seoul Final 16 against Mr K-1 Peter Aerts losing a close bout in the extra round extension. The fight provided a defining moment to fans, finally proving that the Kyokushin fighter belonged in K-1.
Teixeira ended 2010 at the K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 Final as the Reserve match and once again surprised everyone by out classing Errol Zimmerman for a judges unanimous decision.
Texeira was waiting for engagement in K-1, but since there were no offers he decided to make MMA fight, he is sparring with former UFC Heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos since March 2012 and made MMA debout on 23. Jun 2012, winning the fight via KO in round 3. Texeira said that he still wants to fight in K-1 if some bigger organisation offers the contract, but until that he plans to fight under MMA rules.
He lost to Hesdy Gerges by unanimous decision at Glory 13: Tokyo - Welterweight World Championship Tournament in Tokyo, Japan on December 21, 2013.
Titles and accomplishments
- 2011 2nd Place - 10th Kyokushin World Open Karate Tournament IKO 1 (Lost to Tariel Nikosheivili)
- 2011 5th Place - All American Open Karate Championships (Lost to Shouki Arata)
- 2007 9th Kyokushin World Open Karate Tournament IKO 1 (Defeated Jan Soukup)
- 2007 All American Open Karate Championships (Defeated Andrews Nakahara)
- 2006 All American Open Karate Championships (Lost to Andrews Nakahara)
- 2005 3rd Kyokushin World Weight Tournament Heavyweight (Defeated Lechi Kurbanov)
- 2004 All American Open Karate Championships (Defeated Eduardo Tanaka)
- 2003 8th Kyokushin World Open Karate Tournament IKO 1(Lost to Hitoshi Kiyama/Defeated Glaube Feitosa)
- 2003 All American Open Karate Championships (Defeated Sergey Osipov)
- 2002 All American Open Karate Championships (Defeated Lechi Kurbanov)
- 2002 2nd World Team Cup (Defeats Russia)
- 2001 All American Open Karate Championships (Defeated Kentaro Tanaka)
- 2001 Brazilian Open (Lost to Ulysses Isobe)
- 2001 2nd Kyokushin World Weight Tournament Heavyweight final 16
- 2000 Paulista Championships
- 2000 Brazilian Open final 16
11 Wins (3 (T) KO's, 8 decisions), 4 Losses
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|3 matches||3 wins||0 losses|
|Win||3–0||Eduardo Pezao||Decision (Unanimous)||Imperium - MMA Pro 3||Apr 27, 2013||3||5:00||Salvador, Brazil|
|Win||2–0||Edinaldo Novaes||Decision (Unanimous)||Imperium - MMA Pro 1||Jan 19, 2013||3||5:00||Salvador, Brazil|
|Win||1–0||Raul Bazanes||KO (Knee)||CPMMAF - Champion Fights||Jun 23, 2012||3||00:50||Salvador, Brazil||MMA debut.|
- "Supercharge K-1 World Grand Prix 2009". FightTimes.com. Retrieved 2009-11-23.
- "Team Ichigeki". www.kyokushinnews.com. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- Teixeira's masters
- DiPietro, Monty. "Teixeira takes K-1 Japan GP; Schilt and Hari Also Win in Fukuoka". K-1 Grand Prix Website. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "K-1 veteran Ewerton Teixeira wins MMA debut". liverkick.com. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- GLORY SuperFight Series Tokyo and GLORY 13 Spoilers
- Glory 13 Results and Recap
- "Sensei Ewerton Teixeira". www.kyokushin.com.br/. Retrieved 2010-01-16.