|Stable release||188.8.131.52 / July 1, 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Platform||Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 2008|
ExamDiff Pro features a double-pane view that allows for side-by-side comparisons, with color-coded line numbers indicating whether each line is added, deleted, or changed. ExamDiff Pro can compare text and binary files, and directories.
- Comparison of text files, binary files, and directories
- Difference highlighting to the level of lines, words or characters.
- Syntax highlighting
- Fuzzy line matching
- Ability to recognize moved text blocks
- Manual synchronization
- Shell integration in 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
- File editing within file comparison panes
- Support for copying, renaming, and deleting files or directories
- Unix, HTML, and printed diff reports
- Simple and regular expression search
- Extensive command line interface
- Ability to ignore capitalization, white space, and comments
- Word wrapping
- Plug-in support
- Drag and drop support
- Creation of directory snapshots for later comparison
- Unicode support
- XML support
ExamDiff is ExamDiff Pro's freeware counterpart. While having a similar interface to ExamDiff Pro, ExamDiff does not support binary files or directory comparison, and does not possess many of ExamDiff Pro's advanced features, as can be seen here.