Executive Council of Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Executive Council is the local executive authority of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. It assists the Ruler to carry out his duties and powers. The Council holds meetings periodically in Abu Dhabi to discuss issues and memos referred to it by Abu Dhabi’s departments and governmental authorities, concerning the progress of government-sponsored projects, the development of services and the improvement of governmental performance in Abu Dhabi.
In 1971, a Council of Ministers was formed in the Abu Dhabi Emirate by virtue of the provisions of Law No. (1) to reorganise the government apparatus. But in 1974, the said law was superseded and substituted with Law No. (1), which organised the government apparatus, renaming the "Council of Ministers" as the "Abu Dhabi Executive Council." The Executive Council is chaired by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces. Its membership is formed by chairmen of the local government departments, some local authorities and other members appointed by the Ruler.
- Crown Prince HH General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of the Executive Council)
- HH Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Vice-Chairman of the Executive Council)
- HH Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court)
- HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- HE Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan (Chairman of Transport Authority)
- HE Dr. Ahmed Mubarak Al Mazrouei (Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) and Deputy Secretary-General of the Executive Council)
- HE Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak (Chairman of the Executive Affairs Authority)
- HE Hamad Al Hurr Al Suwaidi (Chairman of the Department of Finance)
- HE Nasser Ahmed Al Sowaidi (Chairman of Energy Authority)
- HE Dr. Mugheer Al Khaili (Chairman of Health Authority)
- HE Saeed Eid Alghafli (Chairman of Department of Municipal Affairs)
- HE Ali Majed Al Mansouri (Chairman of Department of Economic Development)
- HE Dr. Amal Abdulla Al Qubaisi (Director General of Abu Dhabi Education Council)
- HE Mohammed Khalfan Al Romaithi (Deputy Commander General of Abu Dhabi Police)
- "Sheikh Khalifa issues two decrees reconstituting executive council of Abu Dhabi". Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan official site. 12 December 2010. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Members' Profiles". Executive Council of Abu Dhabi. Archived from the original on 10 July 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
|This UAE-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|