Executive DBA Council
|Purpose||Promote executive doctoral programs|
|Lars Mathiassen, Georgia State University|
The Executive DBA Council (EDBAC) is a global volunteer organization that focuses on executive doctoral programs and their issues. The group's posted mission is "...to provide outstanding networking and educational opportunities for professionals who serve and participate in executive doctoral degree programs." The group states on its website that it is the only global organization of its kind.
The EDBAC was founded in 2011 to promote the DBA degree as a practitioner qualification or an executive doctorate, rather than an academic qualification, such as a PhD. The group held its first meeting at Case Western Reserve University in June 2011.
The EDBAC offers membership to accredited, not-for-profit public or private institutions of higher learning that offer a doctoral program for executives or are considering doing so. As of June 2014, there were 32 member schools, including Case Western Reserve University, City University of Hong Kong, Copenhagen Business School, Cranfield University, Georgia State University, Manchester University, Oklahoma State University, Paris Dauphine University, Rollins College, Temple University, University of Florida and University of Reading.
The EDBAC has a board consisting of a chairperson and ten other members, of which two are program alumni. Lars Mathiassen, Co-Founder of the Center for Process Innovation at Georgia State University, is the current chairperson.
The Executive DBA Council sponsors and organizes an Annual Engaged Management Scholarship (EMS) Conference where current students and alumni of member programs present peer-reviewed research. The fourth annual conference was held in Tulsa, OK on Sept. 11-14th, 2014.
- "The Executive DBA Council". ExecutiveDBA.org. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Push to have DBA recognised as practitioner degree". FT.com. 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Application for membership". ExecutiveDBA.org. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Members". ExecutiveDBA.org. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Executive Board". ExecutiveDBA.org. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "EXECUTIVE DOCTORATE in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (EDBA) COUNCIL STATEMENT OF STRATEGIC DIRECTION". Case.edu. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "2014 Engaged Management Scholarship (EMS) Conference". OKState.edu. Retrieved 2014-06-09.