|Key people||Francesco Pompei
|Products||See products section|
Exergen Corporation, is designer and manufacturer of infrared scanners, thermometers, and sensors headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts. Exergen products are used in applications including, among others, medical, automotive, food processing, agriculture and textile. The company was founded in 1980 by Francesco Pompei, who patented the world's first temporal artery (forehead) thermometer. Exergen holds more than a dozen patents.
Exergen's products include:
- 1985 - D-Series - Emissivity error-free infrared thermometer.
- 1988 - Ototemp - Scanning tympanic medical thermometer.
- 1990 - Ototemp Veterinary - Tympanic thermometer for animals.
- 1991 - Ear thermometer employing arterial heat balance.
- 1996 - Infrared axillary thermometer.
- 1997 - Consumer infrared axillary thermometer.
- 1999 - Temporal artery thermometers for professionals and consumers.
- 2000 - Palm-sized emissivity error-free infrared thermometer.
- 1983 - Microscanner - Pocket-sized infrared temperature scanner.
- 1987 - E-Series - Infrared scanner designed exclusively for electrical inspection.
- 1987 - Dermatemp - Infrared scanner for emissivity error-free skin temperature assessment.
- 1989 - Equine Scanner - Scanner for injury assessment of equine athletes.
- 1991 - IRt/c - Unpowered IR thermocouple
- 2002 - Microprocessor-based linearized, infrared temperature sensor.
- 2004 - 20:1 field of view microprocessor-based linearized, infrared temperature sensor.
- 2003 - Micro-sized, unpowered IR thermocouple.
- 2004 - 4:1 field of view, unpowered IR thermocouple.
- 1980 - Exergram - Quantitative heat loss camera system for energy conservation.
- 1995 - Thermal switch to detect presence of hot melt adhesive and hot objects.