Exit Control List
The Exit Control List (ECL) is a system of border control maintained by the Government of Pakistan under the Exit from Pakistan (Control) Ordinance. Those persons on the list are prohibited from leaving Pakistan.
1. Exit from Pakistan (Control) Ordinance, 1981, empowers the Federal Government to prohibit any person from proceeding abroad. Ordinarily following categories of persons are placed on ECL:-
- (a) Persons involved in mass corruption and misuse of power / authority causing loss to the government funds/property.
- (b) Government employees involved in economic crime where large government funds have been embezzled or institutional frauds committed.
- (c) Hardened criminals involved in acts of terrorism and conspiracy.
- (d) Key directors of firms having tax default / liabilities of Rs. 10 million or more.
- (e) Only 2 -3 key directors of firms having more than Rs. 100 million loan default / liabilities.
- (f) Names of persons if recommended by the Registrar, High Courts / Supreme Court of Pakistan and Banking Courts only.
- (g) Drug traffickers.
2. The On-Line System is operational at the Ministry linked with international airports at Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad and Faisalabad. 3. Any person aggrieved by the order of Federal Government regarding placement of his name on ECL, can under the law, file a Review Petition giving justifications for review and also can seek a personal hearing with the competent authority. 4. ECL is reviewed periodically to assess the need for further retention of a person on ECL.
Pakistan's Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) is responsible for the smooth and accurate control on Exit Control List and thus avoiding the previously experienced complications in this regard.
Notable people who have been listed on the ECL include
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
- Raja Pervaiz Ashraf
- Shakeel ur Rehman urf Babaji
- Shahbaz Bhatti, 2003-Nov 2003
- Sultan Bashiruddin Mahmood, 2006
- Mukhtaran Bibi
- Asad Abbas
- Humayun Akhtar Khan
- Mir Nooruddin Mengal
- Raymond Allen Davis
- Hussain Haqqani
- Muhammad Aslam Naviwala
- Badar Ali Khan
- Farooq Bhoja, owner of Bhoja Air, 2012
- Mohammad Salim
- General Pervez Musharraf
|This Pakistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This law-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|